Harper was beginning to regret her earlier excitement for tagging along, instead, wishing she could be at her apartment, binge watching telly or napping the day away.

The longer they spent in traffic, the more unbearable the outside temperatures were beginning to effect Harper. It had suddenly become scorching outside in the last hour and with the interior of the car being complete leather, she was beginning to feel more hot and sweaty. Her boss seemed unfazed by the weather, returning to yet again his phone.

"Do the windows work?" she asked, tapping at the window button but receiving no working operation. Was the child lock on or something, she wondered.

He didn't answer, continuing to type away at, uninterested. Harper unfastened her seatbelt as she leaned forward to grasp Samuel's attention. As she did, she tripped over the centre footwell collapsing back onto James' lap. If there ever was a moment she would want to drown, it was now. From her peering down at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes, Harper felt combustion inside of her as she tried to get herself from off his lap.

"Well, quite eager, are we? I know I've taken you out food but you could show some restrain," he said teasingly as she pulled back off. Was he flirting with her again?

"Sorry, sorry," she profusely responded, awkwardly sitting back in her chair and blushing all shades of red.

What surprised her next was when he leaned over and gently grasped the seatbelt and tugged it over her lap. Her heart was racing like a drum. Why did he have to smell so good? She felt him slide the belt into the grasp, hearing it click. Before he leaned back, he muttered near her ear, "Next time, don't take your seatbelt off." A hot flush swept over her face as she pressed her lips together and looked quickly out the window to try to find composure.

Why did she have to be so clumsy, she nagged at herself.

She was just glad at that moment his phone interrupted the tension. Answering his phone, Harper side-eyed him, watching as the corners of his lips tugged upwards.

"Yes, I saw it," he muttered, humour laced within his tone. "You need to calm down, baby."

Harper twitched at that endearment. Who was he speaking to? Was that the person who had kept his full attention on his phone all this way?

Realising she was stressing herself out with a bunch of swirling questions, she picked up her earbuds and shoved them in her ears trying as best to distract herself from the conversation occurring next to her. She didn't care, she told herself. Well, that was a lie.

After what seemed an eternity stuck in hell, hearing him laugh, chat casually as if she weren't there to whoever was capturing his attention and the unbearable heat cradling her, the traffic finally began to disperse and they were back in steady motion.

"Yes, I'll see you Monday night. Now, behave," she heard James say, a cheeky grin forming as he ended the call. Then he placed his phone into his shirt pocket before he began to drum his fingers against the door interior to the beat of the soft music playing in the background.

Harper pretended to remain fixated on her phone, hoping she appeared not fazed by his half an hour or so phone call.

The SUV pulled onto the drive of the hotel after they exited the motorway and entered deeper into the city. The sight was astonishing. The grandeur of the 5 star hotel was breath-taking to behold as Harper stared out the window, gaping at the 7 storey marvellous building.

Samuels got out the SUV and immediately attended to opening James' door. He got out thanking Samuels as he headed onwards to the front of the hotel. Harper followed, awkwardly standing at the curb as she awaited his instructions.