2. A Very Merry Party

A/N: Hello hello! Here is today's story!

Plot idea by @/wessysck on Twitter: "What about the Bolats organizing a Christmas party for the kids in the orphanage. Kiraz & Alp picking gifts with Mum & Dad for each kid"

I hope I did justice to it Wessy ;) Happy reading everyone!

It was a bright winter day in Istanbul. The Bolat family was getting ready to go out on a very important quest that day: finding the perfect gifts for each one of the children and families of their brand new foundation.

After a few years of dreaming it possible and putting in the effort, Eda and Serkan had finally realized one of their biggest wishes: to build an orphanage and create a family center. A place where lost or abandoned children and adults would feel loved and cared for, helped and valued as fully-fledged human beings.

Almost a year had passed since its opening. As a result, they had decided to organize a party not only to celebrate the anniversary, but also as a Christmas party for the children. Naturally, Eda and Serkan had also decided to involve their own children in the process.

Once they were all bundled up in their warm coats, gloves, scarfs and beanies, the little family left their home and headed to the mall. They had various stores in mind but a vast number of choices laid out in front of them.

When they reached the mall, Eda and Kiraz went one way while Serkan and Alp went another. They hoped that they could get as many presents as possible before they would meet again to have lunch in an hour and a half.

"So what are we looking for exactly anne?" Kiraz asked as they walked side-by-side, arms linked together, and eyed the vibrant window displays.

"Anything that can make 10 to 15 year-olds happy."

"So does that mean baba and Alp are picking the gifts for the younger kids?"

"Exactly."

Kiraz chuckled. "I think baba is gonna have a hard time preventing Alp from taking every toy he sees."

"Well I'm sure he'll manage."

"Bak! Those are beautiful!" Kiraz suddenly exclaimed as she ran to a nearby store that displayed various art supplies like easels, paint brushes, pencils and colorful felt tips. Some of them had even been organized in small gift sets all ready to be offered.

They both knew a couple of children who loved doing crafts and drawings so they decided to take a few of them as well as some canvases and supplies. Then, they proceeded to another store that was very dear to them: the bookstore.

There, Kiraz lost herself going through the shelves, stars glittering in her eyes as she admired the beautiful covers and flicked through some of her favorite books. Eda followed her, smiling proudly at her ten year-old.

If there was one thing Serkan and her were proud of, it was the fact that they had managed to transmit their love of reading and books to their children like they had always dreamed of. Hours of bed-time reading had borne fruit.

They bought a few books. Fairy-tales and friendship books for the youngest ones, romance, fantasy or fantastic for the teens. Kiraz also insisted in buying beautiful pens and a couple of journals for some of her friends. They really hoped every single kid would find his or her happiness.

"I wonder what Alp and baba found," Kiraz said as they left a clothing store.

"I think we're going to find out soon. Here they come."