18 ~ The Green Gem That Glows

Start from the beginning

Akainu became enraged by the girls' ability and began hurling magma balls at them. Nova tried everything she could to toss them away, to protect Ballu and herself, but the might of an admiral was too great for her, and the magma slammed with their boat, sending them straight to the waters, surrounded by scattered pieces of wood.

Akainu had managed to knock out Nova and now Ballu was left to do this all alone. The two were nearing the water and the monkey knew if he didn't do something then they would die right then and there, so with quick thinking he wrapped his tail around Novas hand and then pointed his arm in the position of a large piece of the ship.

 As soon as he did just that, Ballu found that the two of them were now floating away, hidden from the sight of a certain admiral who narrowed his eyes to try and see the far distance before turning around and walking away, seeming confident that he had finally gotten rid of the two pirates. Ballu let out a sigh of relief and slumped his body on the small wooden piece before whimpering and weakly tapping his best-friend with his tail. Nova didn't wake. Nova didn't move and Nova didn't do anything.

And Ballu felt really alone.

~

A boat swayed gently as the sound of a pained growl ripped through the winds. It was small yet so loud and it drew the attention of the captain of the crew that sailed on this boat. The red haired captain approached the young girl who stared at the sky in a daze before shooting up, as if she was only now realizing that something was missing. That something happened to be all too important to this young girl, and the entirety of this crew was well aware of that. 

Whipping her head back and forth, Novas red eyes glowed in natural rage that she couldn't control. A growl left her lips as she bared her teeth and glared at everyone and everything, yelling out. "Ballu! Wheres Ballu?! Give me back, Ballu!"

"Hey, kid," A red haired man spoke softly, cautiously approaching Nova but his words went through one ear and out the other and she lunged forwards while pushing through each and every one of his crew in search of the small mammal. When Nova turned to him, Shanks was ready with narrowed eyes and frowning lips. 

As soon as she lunged at him, a small bundle was knocked into her and she was forced to stay seated on the ground. About to lash out, the freckled girl growled loudly at the weight only to realize it was the very best-friend she was searching for. Instantly, she wrapped her arms around her fellow and cried in relief.

She spoke in the language that she knew no one would understand. Nova spoke in her mother tongue and Ballu listened carefully.

"I am sorry, I failed to protect you."

"It's okay."

"I will get stronger."

"I know."

Nova clung onto her friend strongly, unwilling to let go in case Ballu suddenly disappeared. Shanks smiled before gesturing for his first mate to grab the two and separate them quickly. Nova, sensing this, almost instantly glared at the crew and staggered backwards while holding her friend.

 Once Ballu let out a sharp whimper of pain the freckled girl finally noticed the poor state of her friend, there were stitches on his arm and his belly was bruised. While Nova was distracted, Benn used this to his advantage and quickly hit the back of her neck and rendering her unconscious, however just before she fell down a blast of haki and dragons will knocked out many of his crew and caused a tremor in his boat.