18 ~ The Green Gem That Glows

(Im not showing you guys how Nova left just yet >:D)

The island of Banaro was a common one. Although its position was unusual, the island itself appeared to be similar to any other Nova had visited, with the exception of a few, such as Fishman Island. However, there was one thing about this island that set it apart from others: it always seemed to have terrible luck. 

Such as now, since an admiral yelled while searching for a little girl around the age of eleven. Nova panted heavily as she ran from the magma-man before settling in an alleyway and whispering to her best-friend -- Ballu. Ballu only screeched and informed her to head towards the bay and the little wyren didn't have the time to question him so she did just that.

Nova fell over a few rocks on her way to the bay, but Ballu assisted her and the two were soon onboard a small but adequate boat. They started steering away from Banaro island almost immediately, cringing at the sounds of buildings breaking and marines yelling. Before going back and tugging a rope that released the sails, the tail wrapped around the freckled girl's bicep tightened in reassurance, and she offered her companion an appreciative smile. 

Nova and Ballu were both thrown backwards into the boat when the boat suddenly surged forward. The two shared relieved grins when suddenly something exploded in the water next to them, sending splashes of water onto them and soaking their bodies.

The two were terrified as they stared at the glaring admiral who stood somewhat on bay's shore, his palm coated in a red and orange liquid. When the magma-fruit admiral unleashed another molten sphere at them, Ballu realised it was magma and turned to Nova to alert her of their predicament. Nova flung her arms up just in time to halt the scorching orb of liquid without needing to be told.

As she struggled to keep possession of the ball in mid-air, a snarl reverberated in her throat. Nova moved her hands to her sides and made a motion that resembled as though she was throwing a ball, which she proved to be doing because the ball of magma was hurled away from their boat and back at the admiral.

Eyes widening in surprise, the admiral informed his men not to get in his way and he conjured up enough power to explode the mass of magma that he'd originally thrown at the freckled pirate. Somehow nothing hit his men, not that he really cared about that but its nice to have more minions to do his dirty work when he didn't feel like doing it. 

Akainu's fist began to transform as magma coated it until it began to drip down his arm, but the man wasn't bothered by this one bit since he was a magma man himself. Akainu launched another at the pirate and her monkey companion, making careful to send another just in case she managed to stop his first, which, shockingly, Nova appears to have done. In fact, she stopped both of them.

It definitely took a toll on her though, as sweat dribbled down her face from both the heat and the use of her devil fruit abilities. The monkey on her shoulder noticed this and growled in panic, earning a yell from Nova as she attempted to calm her friend which only ended up in the two clutching onto each other.