There was an uncountable amount of times she wanted to thank him, and apologize but there wasn't a perfect time to do it since he was always surrounded by a certain loyal chick. Even if she tried to confront him, he would always avoid her which made her frustrated. Their silence only increased and the crack of their friendship was deepening.

"I'm sorry—"

"I'm sorry!"

They turned to each other after apologising in unison, bursting into small laughter before Draco took the initiative to speak first. "I don't know how to even start but... I'm really sorry, Aine," he said bitterly, biting down on his lips as she relaxes her stiff shoulders.

"I just— I... I know you tried to, come up to me and talk and I pushed you away. I'm sorry. I wanted to speak with you too, but I just couldn't say it. I'm such a coward..." Draco mutters, he went on as Aine listened, "I should have apologized much sooner, it's my fault. I lashed out at you and about the badges—"

"I know. I know it wasn't you who made them. I figured them out." Aine interrupted, feeling guilty for accusing him of making them.

"No," he said, "I did wear them before but I've thrashed them all away and even the ones my friends were wearing, I've tossed them all into the bin," he confesses and Aine looks to him, relieved and also proud of him at the same time.

"You were right, I was a git. I hurt you even though you were helping me and I can't express how sorry I am..." He trails off, guilt in his eyes as he prepared for what she has to say, "So, you don't have to say anything or do anything. I respect your decision if you don't want to be friends anymore. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry for saying all those spiteful words to you..." he tells her. His heart was aching, what if she didn't want to be friends with him? What if this was where they divide and move on with their lives without interacting anymore? What if... she hated him now? 

Draco waited, his furrowed gaze casting downwards to the wooden floorboards, whatever he was thinking earlier, he did not want any of that. The thought of it made his hands tremble, he feared that whatever he was thinking might come true and though he braced himself for the worst, he didn't want to hear it, he didn't want to hear how much she hated him from her words because he was sure he couldn't handle it.

Aine reaches to his cheeks, cupping it as she raises his face to meet hers. She smiled sadly, feeling a sharp pang on her chest, he was feeling all those guilt ever since then like her and knowing for a fact that it only plagued them both as they kept quiet. "You're not a coward, Draco. You're not," she repeated to him, making sure that the words stick into his mind. "You're brave and I'm so proud of you for standing against your friends about the badges. And I'm—" she hesitated, her voice was shaking and her touch faded away from his cheeks.

"I'm sorry too. I am. For accusing you, for not thinking about your feelings and neglecting them. I should have been more understanding. I—I was being selfish to only think about my feelings and myself that I neglected your views," she said in a gentle timid tone. He gazed at her, his lips curling, "It wasn't your fault," he caresses her cheeks.

"It is and I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you. And... Thank you for calming me down and bringing me to the infirmary the other time. I appreciate that."

"I did what I had to do. You were in pain and I wanted to help. I'm glad you're alright now," he smiles and she nodded. 

"It does feel a little embarrassing now when I think about it..." she light chuckles, referring to her panic attack and Draco exhales through his nose, "There's nothing to feel embarrassed about showing your vulnerable sight. It only makes us human, doesn't it?"