comfort

fluff again because I'm stressed and need soft content rn ~ I promise there is smut in my drafts rn
.
.
.
Tired matty
.
.
.
Matt had disappeared from your shared bed about four hours ago. You only realized in your sleepy state due to the silky sheets getting pulled away from you, and when he realized he immediately tucked you in again. But you knew he was going out on patrol, and you knew there was no part in trying to stop him. He was going to do it either way and you quickly drifted back to sleep with one last forehead kiss from your soulmate.

You were awoken by the slight creaking of the floorboards in the bedroom, and you could tell he was taking off his heavy boots. The clunk confirmed your suspicions as you heard them fall to the floor. He cursed under his breath. He took of his helmet, placing it on the dresser and made his way over to the side of the bed. The mattress dipped beside you, and you suddenly felt his head resting against your stomach. You smiled sleepily as you brought your hands to his hair, playing with it.

"Did I wake you up..?" He whispered, exhaustion evident in his voice.

"Yes- but it's okay. Are you alright? " you mumbled sleepily.

"Mostly just bruising.. just an emotionally draining night" he mumbled back, smiling softly as you massaged his scalp.

"Why don't you go take of the suit and hop into bed?" You asked. He groggily sighed and nodded, swinging his legs so he was sitting at the edge of the bed.

A few minutes passed and you heard him return from putting his suit away. The mattress dipped next to you, and your boyfriend climbed into bed next to you, the silk sheets engulfing the two of you.

He kissed your shoulder sweetly. "Goodnight, my love"