Chapter 3 "The Burned Ones"

Start from the beginning

A single sound outside of the room. Jinx suddenly hears the voices again...but it wasn't like before...no Mylo and Clagger..they were quiet...these were whispers...and they were getting closer and closer.

Slowly getting up with Bloom they look towards the blinds. Bloom slowly uncovered them with her fingertips. And there it was...A burned one. A scorched humanoid being with claws for hands. Jinx can notice a tail on its back. The sight of it made Bloom panic as she stepped back in fear making the creature notice. Jinx mumbled a curse word under her breath not even noticing Bloom dropped Stella's ring....til she said something.

"T-the ring!" Bloom whispered, terrified out of her mind.

"You choose to drop it now!" Jinx whispered a bit annoyed but on the inside, she was a little fearful herself. She really wished she had her rockets right about now. Jinx hears the sounds of the creature getting closer. She grabbed Bloom and they huddled against the wall. Hoping the creature would pass by them.

For every second, Jinx and Bloom waited...and it was quiet...too quiet for their own good...before the girls could react. Claws shattered through the windows and growling can be heard from the other side causing the girls to scream. Jinx threw toys or any item she could find at the creature as Bloom opened a hatch into the sewer area of the building.

"This way!" Bloom yelled as Jinx jumped into the hatch within seconds with Bloom following behind her. Bloom and Jinx crawled away as fast as possible, not caring if the creature was behind them or not. Bloom was the first to notice the ring as she raced towards it. Claws were coming out of walls as Jinx tried her best not to get grabbed, cut or even pulled away from Bloom.

"Grab the ring already!" Jinx yelled as the creature was slamming against the wall making the pipes burst with grey smoke.

"I'm trying!" Bloom yelled back as she tried to reach for it behind another metal gate but she couldn't reach it. Jinx hears the sounds of the burned one slam against the wall. Again and Again...until she hears the sound of the wall breaking. Jinx felt everything go into slow motion. The creature running towards Bloom at full speed. It reminded Jinx of the shimmer-infected monsters...it reminded her of Warwick's speed but clearly not enough to match Warwick's.

Without another thought, she pulled Bloom away from the fenced gateway as she screamed. The burned one nearly got her as Jinx held onto her shoulders. Jinx could tell that the ring was no longer there after that. But she couldn't care less right now.

"We need to go!" Jinx yelled.

The two girls crawled away as fast as they could until they reached the end of the sewer levels. Bloom breaks open the hatch in a panic as the girls can hear the roaring sounds of the burned one. Bloom helps Jinx out as the two girls run away until they saw a person. Dowling, her face reading her emotions, serious and worried as she stared at us but at the moment. Jinx really didn't care considering all she felt at that very moment....was fear

"Don't stop now" Dowling says as she gestures towards the door as the girls made a run for it. As Jinx turns around, she can see the glowing light blue eyes of Dowling using her magic as she makes the burned one fall on its feet. The gateway closed shut soon after..leaving the silence of the trees.

"Bloom? Jinx?"

Jinx turned around to see the other suite girls, minus Stella looking at them with concern written all over their faces.

"Are you two alright?" Aisha asked.

"Y-yeah" Bloom answered "What the hell was that...that thing?!"

"I'm pretty sure it was called a burned one" Terra answered

"Not much of the burning in the name.." Jinx mumbled under her breath as Musa slowly touches her shoulder in order to help calm her breathing.

"W-wait, where's Stella?" Bloom asked, remembering something important.

"She's at school..why?" Aisha asked. Jinx decided to answer for her.

"That thing...just took her ring.."

~!~

Back in Zaun, two individuals are talking with other people in the city, taking statements from them as a series of questions was asked. The Wardens leader, Caitlyn stands waiting for results as Vi walks over.

"Anything?" Caitlyn asked

"People haven't seen her but others did mention she was talking with an older female that didn't look like she was from here" Vi answered

"Did they say where?"

"Yea"

"Then we will go there in a few days" Caitlyn answers looking at the rest of the undercity.

~!~

Jinx's first sighting of a burned one...writing this story is so much fun. I cant wait to do more with you guys ^-^