4

A couple nights ago.

Gigi was cleaning the dishes after Dinner at Dani's. "I saw Sophie today." Dani told Gigi. "Okay." Gigi said. "She said that she missed me and that we should try to be friends."

"And?" Gigi encouraged Dani to continue. "I said I'd think about it." Dani said. "Do you want to be friends with your ex?"

"I don't think it'd be a good idea." Dani said. "Because you still have feelings for her?" Gigi asked. "No. Definitely not." Dani replied. Gigi looked at Dani in a way that conveyed both disbelief and sarcasm. "I don't have feelings for Sophie."

"It's okay if you do. You never really got closure from that relationship. Maybe you should talk to her." Gigi suggested. "Fine. I'll talk to her." Dani said.

A couple nights later, Sophie was setting up dinner for her and Dani when Dani knock on the door. Weird. She didn't have to knock before. This was her house and Sophie was her fiance and now this place is nothing and Sophie is no one.

"Hey." Sophie invited Dani inside. "Hey." Dani said looking around at the new decor. "This place looks...nice." Dani complimented. "Yeah." Sophie sighed awkwardly. "Should we have gone out?" Sophie asked. "No. I'm okay."

"Right. Wine?" Sophie said. "No, thank you."

"This is awkward." Sophie said. "What was it about Finley?" Dani asked Sophie. "What?"

"Of all the people you could've cheated on me with why Finley?" Dani asked. "She paid attention to me. She talked to me. She was there when I needed her." Sophie answered. "Did you even think about me?"

"Yes." Sophie answered. "And you did it anyway?"

"I'm not proud of it." Sophie said. Dani paused and thought hard about her next question. "If Finley had never shown up, would you have married me? Would you have said those lied to me and spoke those vows?"

Sophie is truly stumped on this question. She would like to think the answer no but it's not. "That's what I thought." Dani said. "I'm sorry." Sophie apologized. "No, you're not but, that's okay because even though it hurt I'm better for it."

"I'm happy for you." Sophie said. "I have to go." Dani said. "Where are you going?" Sophie questioned. "That doesn't concern you. I did punch Finley in the stomach for drinking at Micha's party." Dani said before leaving. "Shit." Sophie whispered.