1

The morning started out well for Dani. She had woken up to a good morning text from Gigi and had a relatively easy time getting dressed.

Dani drove to meet Micha for breakfast. Not her usual morning routine but he wanted to talk.

"Hey, how are you?" Micha greeted Dani with a hug. "I'm fine. What's this about?" Dani asked. "I just wanted to check up on you. It's been a while since we last spoke."

"Aw, you missed me." Dani teased Micha. "Stop it." Micha replied. "I'm fine. I'm healing." Dani answered. "That's good."

"How are you?" Dani asked. "I'm in love." Micha answered. "With Maribel?"

"Dani, she's amazing. She make me happy and if I go a day without her I feel sick." Dani thinks about Micha's words. She knows the feeling a little too well. She even finds herself smiling as he describes the feeling.

The happiness only last for a second as Sophie approaches the table. "Hey." Sophie greeted them awkwardly. "Hey." Dani politely replied. "I heard about your dad, I'm sorry."

"Why?" Dani asked. "I know we didn't agree on a lot of things but he's your dad and I'm sorry you had to go through that." Sophie answered. "Okay."

"If you ever need anything or you just want to talk I'm here for you. I still care about you, Dani." Sophie said. "Bye, Sophie."

"See you later." Sophie said before leaving. "I didn't know she was going to be here." Micha said holding his hands up in surrender. "No, it's okay."

"Are you sure?" Micha asked. "Yeah. I do have to get to work though. I'll catch you later." Dani said. "Yeah." Micha agreed and Dani left.

Dani got out of an exhausting meeting and sat at her desk. Her phone rang but she didn't answer it. Not because she didn't want to but because she found herself smiling a bit too wide at the name.

After hearing Micha talk about Maribel and seeing Sophie, Dani's shaken up by her feelings. She's been hurt before and she's not looking for a revision on that lesson.

Luckily for Dani, she didn't schedule anything with Gigi tonight. She continues ignoring Gigi's calls into the night.

Gigi eventually stops calling as if getting the message that Dani needed space. She stares at her phone for a while before Nat taps the table to get her attention.

"What?" Gigi zones back in. "You're taking the kids on Saturday, right?" Nat asked. "Yeah. I'll have them until 8." Gigi said. "What's going on? Are you okay?"

"I think so." Gigi said. "Gigi?" Nat replied. "It's nothing." Gigi answered. "How's Dani?"

"I don't know." Gigi answered. "What happened?" Nat asked with a tone that is equally tired as it is sympathetic. "She stopped talking to me."

"I'm sure it's nothing. You know how you get when you don't get any attention. She's probably busy." Nat reassured Gigi. "Okay. Olive and Eli have a play date on Sunday with Edith's kids. Do you want to take them?"

"I have a book club thing. You can take them and I'll take them to Kim's birthday party the week after." Nat said.

Gigi went through her day. The thought of Dani being distant at the back of her mind. It was a cloud that followed her around. Had she done something? Did she forget something? Should she have been aware of something?

Gigi got home deciding to let Dani have her space. Or at least that's what she told herself. The truth was she didn't want to know why Dani had suddenly lost interest in her. Not yet.