Chapter 2

I woke up covered in sweat, lying on a pile of stones. I rubbed my eyes groggily and sat up. As soon as I had, I wished I was still unconcious. I was in a large bat cave with a long stretch of molten lava running through. I recognised where I was immediately and had to hold back a scream when the lava sizzled and burst upwards. I was in Tartarus.

I looked around and noticed the vast tunnels surrounding me. I couldn't believe how large it was. I was only in a small section of the underworld and I felt my fear rise as I noticed a large 3 headed dog in the distance. I shot up to my feet and slowly took a step back. I continued backing up until I hit a wall. I yelped and turned around thinking that I had bumped into another creature.

"Be still child, the pits recognise your fear," a rather baritone voice called out to me. I tried to locate the source of the sound but failed miserably. "Do not worry child, you will see me soon, I just don't want you to see me in my current state. The pits do not take kindly to living guests and I was punished accordingly."

The idea of being punished in the underworld made my skin crawl and I shuddered slightly. I continued to look for the source of the voice.

"W-who are you? W-why am I h-here? I am Selene Terpsichore Helios and head girl at RAGE, I demand you tell me at once or you will face consequences." I stuttered over my first words but gradually gained my confidence back. I heard no reply and so I began to babble.

I didn't know how long I was going to be stuck down here and started to formulate a plan to reach the surface again. I didn't realise I had been thinking outloud.

"SILENCE CHILD." The voice boomed. I immediately closed my mouth and waited for this strange voice to continue. "You know who I am already dear, you just refuse to accept the truth. I am far too old to be chastising a teenager for bad attitude. I know your name, I gave you that name. It is I, your father-"

"Cronos? No! Impossible, this must be some kind of trickery. I cannot possibly be the daughter of a titan." Somewhere deep down I knew this was the truth but I didn't want to believe it. I pinched myself to check if I was dreaming. When that failed, I slapped myself. Hard, might I add. That was definitely going to leave a bruise.

"Selena, my child, please stop inflicting pain on yourself. I do not have time for your denial. Your visit down here is almost over. I am not strong enough to hold you down here against your will for much longer. I have one warning for before you leave. Do not let me down on this. I ask one thing of you and one thing only. Do not tell anyone you have visited me. Those who are aware of this visit will approach you soon but until then, keep quiet and stay safe. Goodbye child." His last words slowly drifted away as I slowly floated upwards.

Travelling between the underworld and the surface felt bizzarre. I felt like I was floating but at the same time, it feels like I'm suffocating. I finally reach the surface I felt a sudden rush of energy and stood up straight.

I was standing in front of my mother again. "Goodbye my child." That was the last time I saw my mother and as she walked away, I wondered if things between me and her could have been any different.

 =================================================

"Hey Cece!" I snapped out of my daze as Perseus waved frantically infront of my face. It was dark now. I had spent the rest of my day at the beach. I didn't know what to take from todays events. "Where have you been all day?! Affy told me she'd seen you disappear with your mother earlier but she couldn't find you. I've been searching for you all day! I thought you'd gotten into some kind of trouble!" He engulfed me in his arms and I inhaled his scent. He smelt like the woods on a summers day.

Percy had been my friend since I first came to RAGE and had taken to calling me Cece. He claims that my name is too long but I think that he's just lazy. Percy is your average hunk. Tall, well built and with abs to die for. His touch sent tingles up my spine. I leaned into him and smiled, "You know you don't have to worry about me, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself you know." He shrugged and I knew he would worry about me regardless of where I'd been. "I just needed some time to myself, you know? My mother  gave me something to think about and after arguing with her, I was exhausted. It's beginning to get on my nerves having to cry blood."

He laughed at my expression. "Don't cry then, Cece. Simple answer right there." He winked at me and I could feel my cheeks getting hot. "Come on, you need to eat. I'm not the only one worried about you." He pulled me to my feet and led me to the dining hall.

When we finally got to our destination a small bundle of ginger dived towards me and I shifted slightly to catch the bundle. "Lena!" It was Izz, just seeing his dimples made me smile. "You missed Percy flying. It was so cool. He doesn't have wings or anything." I chuckled at this.

"Well, I'm sorry to have missed that. I can ask him to help teach you if you behave. Shouldn't you be heading back to your dorm by now?" I raised my brow slightly.

"Well the headmaster told me I needed to wait for you. I'm your brother! Daddy told me. The headmaster said I'd be staying with you?" I frowned at the idea of Cronos having anymore children. "That's okay with you isn't it Lena? I can stay with Percy if there's a problem?" Tears began to gather in his eyes.

"Of course that's not a problem! Just let me eat and I'll show you your room." His smile lit up the room so I rushed to eat and then took him back to my dorm. They had already set up another bedroom and bathroom in my dorm. I guess that's a perk of being a God.

I tucked Izz into bed and promised to show him some more tricks in the morning. I sighed and closed my eyes. I hoped tomorrow would be a better day for me but of course, life is never that easy when you're a goddess in training.