Introductions

Your beloved DeLorean pulled into the empty parking lot, circling around to the employee spaces on your half of the building. It had been a long 48 hours, trying to get used to your new sleep schedule while keeping up with your shop. You were still more tired than usual (changing a regular sleep schedule is never an easy task), but you would make it through the night just fine without any aids. You sat in your car for another long moment as you turned off the ignition, dreading the moment when you would leave your warm, cozy front seat for the chilled night air.

With a heavy sigh, you allowed the door to swing up and open. The cold autumn breeze blew in immediately, passing through your light jacket like it wasn't even there. Goosebumps began popping up on your arms and legs as you slid from your car, pocketing your keys and pulling the door closed. With the icy breeze surrounding you, you jogged the few feet from the parking lot to the employee entrance. There was a sticky note taped to the doorframe, right at your eye level, that you took a moment to read.

You won't have to use a key, the doors lock as soon as 12:00 am hits or the facial scanner doesn't recognize you. They'll open automatically at 6:00 when your shift ends. I'll see you in the morning, Pyro.
~Scott

You smiled at the dumb nickname, letting out an audible chuckle as you turned the door handle. "See you too, Beanstalk." The dim green of the attraction washed over you, followed by a welcome wave of warmth. The door behind you shut firmly against the cold. You were in a small break room, hidden from the rest of the attraction by a false wall. It was a cozy little place in spite of the overwhelming green of the environment, but you didn't have the pleasure of getting to stay there long. You passed the coffee machine without a second thought, slipping out the door and into the exit hallway. Directly across from you was the office entrance, the clock off to the side reading 11:58 pm. You smiled proudly as you walked the brief distance to the desk. Right on time.

"Alrighty..." You hummed, taking a seat at the desk and readjusting your uniform's hat, "let's get this show on the road." The tablet whirred to life under your hand. The camera feed for the opening room flickered to life, giving you a good view of Springtrap waiting at the end of the hallway. His lifeless silver eyes stared blankly ahead and you found it difficult to believe he would come to life at any time.

A small little bell chimed to signify 12:00 and the start of your shift. Almost as soon as the digitalized tones faded, those silver eyes flicked to the camera. You had expected a reaction, but not quite so abrupt and soon. Springtrap had started up faster than any animatronic you'd had the pleasure of working with. It was... exciting... getting to observe him like this and you found it hard to stop your mind from racing.

Fascinating, so wonderfully fascinating. It would seem that noise is truly what has the greatest effect on him. All it took was the bell ringing to animate him. I wonder... is it just an audio cue or is he sentient enough to know what he's doing? Is it a mixture of both, like the ones at the actual restaurant? So many questions, hopefully some answers. A small grin found it's way onto your face as you watched the rabbit animatronic start walking down the hallway. You couldn't pick up any noise from the camera, and certainly not the creaking and groaning metal steps from the other day. He moved unsettlingly quietly for something of his size, much like the models you'd worked with prior.

"So..." The voice that emanated from the small screen was fuzzed by static and distorted by the age of the cameras, but you heard it clearly all the same. Springtrap had come to rest just below the camera, staring at it as if he could see you through the screen. "Scottie boy actually got someone to take this job. You're either very competent or very unlucky, night watch."

Apparently sentience was on the table for him. "And here I thought he said you weren't the talkative type..." you muttered to yourself, staring right back through the screen at the animatronic. It was silly, but it was better than just doing nothing.