Chapter 7C: (Edward's POV)

August 18th, 1984

The red light escaping the building drowned out the sunlight that shown down on the engines' paint. Ben was starting to shake with fear as Edward stood his ground facing towards the shadow covered engine.

Ben's wheels slipped against Edward's strength as he held the two in place. The other engine slowly moved forwards, hidden by the shadows of the buildings around them.

Edward's eyes squinted as the sunlight blocked his view of the engine. He was entirely ready for whatever came at him

The engine finally crossed over into the red light the sounds of a diesel engine waned. The red paintwork on the diesel was all grimy and oily, but the engine was well grounded.

As it neared the pair of engines, Edward's loud whistle pierced the air and a long line of trucks crashed into the back of the diesel. 

Edward pulled forward as the diesel disappeared into the light inside of the building.

"Lets get out of here, quickly." said Edward.

Ben was still shaking behind him. Bert came out from around the bend grinning like a child on Christmas Day.

The three decided to head to the wharf to check in on the narrow gauge engines and pick up goods to help out with Arthur.

"Maybe we should have told him where we went?" asked Ben.

"There's a reason why I wanted to leave early. You'll see soon enough." Edward replied.