Chapter 23 - The challenge

Start from the beginning

"I want to know whether it is an honest mistake or is there any connection between her and Akash and she purposefully hid that information from me" he added.

"What are you going to do if it was done purposefully?" asked Sakthi little bit scared knowing the level Ashwin would go to protect his loved ones

"Therila da, but romba kashtama irukku Sakthi, appo mattum if she had said that Sivaangi is working here, so much sufferings could have been avoided and I wouldn't have missed 3 precious years with my girls" said Ashwin his eyes showing a mixed emotion of anger, disappointment and pain.

"Seri boss, onnum worry pannikaadheenga, hmm... nu mattum sollunga avana thookiren" said Sakthi tapping his biceps

"Yaaru? nee? " Ashwin asked giving a teasing look at his very thin frame

"he he " sakthi replied with a blush

"Oru manushan oru 5 seconds hero va feel pannida koodathe, avalodhaan" Sakthi moved away murmuring,  bringing a smile on otherwise tensed face of Ashwin.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure? there is no tamil movie shooting happening in SG now?" asked Akash to the speaker on the other side of the phone

"Sure sir, we did not even come across any approval in the past 6 months, no way there is a shooting happening without our approval" replied the man on the phone.

"Good good, thank you so much for the information" replied Akash with a smile before hanging up

"Idhu podhum enakku, already she has trust issues with you Ashwin, idhu onna vetchu manipulate panni, avala unkitta irundhu pirichu kaatren" Akash swore an oath to himself.

From the moment he laid eyes on Sivaangi, Akash felt a magnetic attraction towards her. When he realized she is already engaged, he decided to back off knowing nothing can be done now.

But forgetting her was not as easy as he had thought, it was more than 3 months since she had left, but her thoughts, her face, her smile still lingered around him making him yearn for her more and more.

Not knowing what else to do he just called her, thinking talking to her or seeing her one more time might help him to snap out of her, that is why he called her in the pretext of another guest lecture, but he couldn't believe his luck when he heard she had broken her engagement and was willing to come to SG permanently.

Her pregnancy was obviously a snag, but he used that wisely to get in her good books. Sivaangi slowly started trusting him and started becoming dependent on him. Even though she started becoming close with him, it was very clear that she still had feelings for Ashwin, so Akash kept track of him without her knowledge. That is why it became easier for him to divert Ashwin when he called enquiring about her.

As days, months and years went by his love and attraction towards her only increased by multiple folds and off late he also felt that she had started moving on from Ashwin. So he stopped his tracking and started concentrating fully on developing his relationship with Sivaangi. When he was thinking about the right time to propose to her, Ashwin came out of no where and crushed all his plans.

First few days he didn't give much of a thought, he knew about the level of anger Sivaangi had towards Ashwin and he trusted that to shut him away, however when he saw them getting closer together, he completely lost it.