4. SIN

I was inside their house, a place that I had already decided was off-limits. A part of me actually wished that I was back in the Omega Centre. Back there I had fewer worries and I was mostly left to myself. Outside I was being forced to interact with others.

A knock on the door made me tense. My head shot up when the door slowly opened. Bella peeked around the door, eyes darting around the bathroom until they locked on me.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

I nodded. Bella entered the bathroom and closed the door behind her. She held up some clothes and gave me a small smile but it wasn't as friendly as it had been before.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I didn't mean—"

"Stop," she interrupted. "Tyrone shouldn't have pushed you and I should've told you that we had a dog. Michel already scolded me because of that."

"It wasn't your fault," I told her.

Bella sighed. "Let's agree to disagree. Okay?"

"Okay."

An awkward silence settled between us. After a moment of just standing there awkwardly, I stepped closer and reached for the clothes Bella held. She gave me another smile as she took a few steps back but she didn't leave. I shot her a questioning look.

"I'll throw your dirty clothes into the wash."

I frowned at her. "You don't have to do that. I can do that myself."

She shrugged. "It's the least I could do because I'm kind of the reason why you puked."

My lips parted but I pursed them and remained silent instead of arguing with her. We could say the same things over and over again but nothing was going to change the fact that we were both at fault for what happened. And I kind of wanted to take the blame because guilt was eating at me.

I hadn't meant to climb her Alpha. . .or puke all over him.

Turning my back on her, I carefully pulled the dirty shirt over my head and dropped it into the sink. Bella's shocked gasp made me freeze. Grabbing the shirt, I quickly pulled it over my head and did the same with the pants.

"Thank you," I told her once I was dressed.

She hesitated a moment more before she grabbed the dirty clothes and left. After staring at the closed door for a few seconds I turned and instantly regretted it when my eyes caught my reflection in the mirror above the sink. Licking my lips, I silently took myself in before I turned away.

My mother's. . .friends used to tell me how pretty I looked. I think that was the reason why she hated me so much. They always paid more attention to me than to her.

Shaking off the horrible memories, I exit the bathroom and paused to glance around. Their house was the exact opposite of Draven's house. It was homey and simple—something I always dreamt of living in when I was a kid.

Now everything had changed.

Low voices pulled me towards the kitchen. I was just about to step around the corner but paused when I heard my name. Silence fell which was interrupted a few minutes later by Bella.

"I made a mistake and I already said that I'm sorry."

"You know that sorry isn't going to fix things!" Tyrone hissed. "You should've fucking told us from the start that you were bringing that Sin home!"

"Michel knew!" she hissed. "I don't understand what the hell your problem with her is. She needed help and quite frankly she's better off here than she is at your brother's house."

"She's a fucking Omega!" he growled. "Do you want me to remind you about what happened the last time—"

"Sin isn't like that!"

"Enough," Michel said. "Fighting isn't going to change anything. I agree with Bella, she's better off here. You know what a bitch Lauren can be and the fact that another Omega invaded her—"

"Just fucking keep her away from me! I don't want her in this house either." He slammed something down. "She has a month to get her shit in order and then I want her out."

"This isn't just your—" Bella started but she was interrupted.

"She leaves or I do," he growled. "They are all the fucking same and I'm sick and fucking tired of this shit. What's it going to take to live in peace without an Omega trying to fucking ruin everything?"

I was frozen in shock so I wasn't prepared for his sudden appearance. He froze when our eyes locked. Taking a step back, I hunched my shoulders to try and appear smaller when he snarled at me.

Facing Draven's mate sounded better by the second.

***

The cottage was a lot smaller than the house but just as breathtaking. As soon as you stepped through the front door you entered the kitchen with the living room just beyond it. Everything was open and connected just like it was in their house. It made everything seem bigger than it was.

A short hall led into the bedroom that was connected to a bathroom that only contained a toilet, faucet, and a shower. The big window on the left wall had a view of the hills that stretched on for miles.

There was no laundry room or television, but there was a small radio above the fireplace that looked old. I was going to miss watching my favourite shows and the constant silence might actually drive me mad but at least I had a roof over my head and food in my stomach.

Letting out a sigh, I laid down on the couch and pulled that thin blanket over me. I should be happy. I should be ecstatic! But I didn't feel it. His words and his actions affected me more than they should have.

Alphas are all the same, Sin. You already know it. Why are you allowing his actions to affect you? It shouldn't matter! You have one goal so fucking stick to it!