Chapter 30 - Bright red light

A/N sorry for all the POV changes and I know it seems like a bit of a rushed chapter sorry. Thanks for reading tho :)

Peter POV

Nervously fiddling with my wristband, my aunt shouted through the apartment with questions about the injuries I had gathered. This was the worst part about not telling her my identity, all of the lies. It's for the best though.

"So. Who was it? Who hit you?"

"Some guy. So itchy, man. Gosh."

"What's 'some guy's' name?"

"Uh," think brain think, "Steve."

"Steve? From 12-C? With the overbite?"

Ugh, don't wanna get him in trouble, then he would hit me, "No, no, no. You don't know him, he's from Brooklyn."

All my fiddling then caused my wrist band to emit my super cool red light beam that Mr Stark gave me, "Ouch."

"Well . . . I hope you got a few good licks in," Aunt May sympathises as she walks in, sitting on the side of my bed just after I hid my light. Thank you Spidey senses

"Yeah, I got quite a few in, actually. His friend was huge. Like huge," Will she believe that? With a confused look she hands me a freezing cold towel, probably has pees in it or something "That's way better. Thank you"

"Okay, tough guy," she smiled as she left my room

"Love you, May. Hey, can you shut the door?"

After a soft click, confirming my door is shut, I take back out my light beam, shining it onto the ceiling revealing my spider man mask.

Mr Stark said that he would continue looking for that girl, she was really cool. If she went to my school she would probably be, well, not like Flash but one of those distant kids who could beat you in a fight with no effort. I don't know how smart she is but I know Black Widow is multilingual so she may be smart as well. She'd probably be best friends with MJ actually. That would be so cool.

***

Tony POV

I hope that child realises that just going to Wakanda doesn't mean I don't know where she is. Why on Earth would I let a mini Nat run off without any way of knowing where she is. T'Challa was working on my side so after I saw him in Siberia I let it go. But when I saw him and Nat and an unconscious child of course I assumed they would go to Wakanda. I know Wakanda is more advanced than they seem, especially now as their King comes rocking up in a Vibranium suit.

Secretary Ross has said we give her a week to come out and then she goes to school. It was either school or jail, but she's the same age as Peter and she's smart. So she can go to his school and I can keep an eye on them both. She doesn't need to know Peter is Spiderman but he has already seen her face. I guess school really is a punishment.

If she wasn't going to Midtown I probably would have ended up teaching her, I plan on doing so anyway, I wanna see what they taught her in that assassin school. Nat refuses to say anything, now I have an excuse. A week, she has a week. She can keep her name though, not her last for obvious reasons but I don't wanna change too much at once.

If she leaves Wakanda early it doesn't matter, T'Challa knows she has to go to school and he said he'd make sure I can pick her up. Midtown said that she'd have to do a baseline test but that's easy enough, she won't be happy though.

8 days later

Madeline POV

Can't believe he just betrayed me like that. I went out with Dora Majie to go 'see something' late last night and guess who was there. The one and only Tony Stark. Not like I even had a chance, they gassed me as soon as I walked in, and they put up a good fight. Should have seen that coming in all honesty. But in a museum?

He has barely spoken to me. All he's done is that he told me I had 10 minutes to come down this morning. He's gone and barricaded all the windows and his AI is on high alert.

"So, I know you're now happy with me, and you're about to be angrier cause, unless you want to go to some adult jail cell. No that's not an option so don't try. Basically you're going to school."

"What the -"

***

Midtown school of science and technology. Apparently he has my aunt's consent and everything. This will be nothing like any school I went to before. But I do know they have this thing about not beating people up and stuff, which is a big difference. Does get your anger out though.

Peter POV

She is here, in my school. Miserable looking sure, she's got a hat on her face, covering most of it, but it suits her.

"Bro, have you seen the new girl?" Ned asks as he points obnoxiously to her

"Yeah, I've spoken to her and everything," I gloat

"What are you two losers on about now?" my other best friend MJ asks, coming up to us.

"The new girl, apparently Peter has already managed to speak to her or something"

"Her name is Madeline, I'm supposed to tour her round school and stuff. Apparently I need better 'social skills' but she's cool"

Madeline, that's her name. Finding her is done then, that was easy.