𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲. | 𝗂 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗈𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝗈𝗎, 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝗒𝗈𝗎

Start from the beginning

You giggled, "Sure, I would love to,"

And so you both did just that.

He showed you the whole university building and rooms, even advising you on which teachers to get closer with and told you to come to his office whenever you wanted. He'd be glad to help you out with anything and everything.

Each break you'd both go to the same café to grab a drink and eat sweet pastries, exploring each other's world and personality more. You found it comforting that you had someone that you knew well enough on your side to guide you and even waste your time with since this university was a prestigious and respected one. And you absolutely didn't want to lose this job at all costs.

So far you liked most of the teachers. They were professional and kind as expected and you were sure to learn a lot from their fields and lives. Of course you set yourself the rule to never murder anyone from your job since it's where you could live somewhat normally as mentioned before and could enjoy your love for books.

"Hello Ms (L/n). I'd like to borrow this book for a month," the female student spoke as she handed the object to you.

You raised your brows in admiration, "Oh? Dazai Osamu, huh? Are you okay?" you asked half jokingly as you scanned the book.

She giggled at your question, "Yeah I am but this book was recommended to me for a long time so I thought why not,"

A hum left you, "It sure is a brilliant book. However, sweetie," you started to whisper, "it has some trigger warnings, but nothing explicitly written. You shouldn't read it when at a low point in life either. Y'know I'm just saying," you gave the book back to her while she listened to you attentively.

"I understand, don't worry. I am aware of the things mentioned in the book so... Yeah, thank you Miss. Have a good day!" she smiled and then went off.

"You too!"

There were many other students at different tables, diligently studying for whatever exam awaited them and laughed quietly amongst themselves. Sometimes you forgot that some of them were the same age as you since you didn't really ever study anything.

Watching them get an education and live a decent life made you feel good perhaps? Thing was, you understood people and their emotions but lacked any affection for them. From your teenage years you already trained your mind and emotions how to act or how to think accordingly to a situation or people's behaviour.

So the fact that these students were able to live out their dreams, go through journeys, meet trustworthy people made you happy for them, if you tried thinking the way another person would.

Everything you did was actually just a facade.

When you returned your eyes back to your desk you noticed an expensive pair of glasses was placed in front of you and you quickly remembered that these belonged to Howl. He had visited you here at the library shortly before heading to his psychology class and must've forgotten them here accidentally.

You rolled your eyes.

"That idiot."

"Is there someone who could list a few other mental disorders or mental illnesses?" Howl's deep voice echoed throughout the hall after he lectured them about anxiety disorder and it's different forms and symptoms.