Ch. 4: No fairy tale nor mythology

Start from the beginning

"Something the matter?" he asked, causing the girl underneath him to blush a little, given the sort of embarassing setup. He really did observe every single movement of her's, didn't he?

"N-no, nothing!" she stated a bit too quickly and shook her head at the man hovering over her petite figure.

The informant raised an eyebrow, as if asking "are you sure?" and the sight of Orihara Izaya without a self-pleased, mocking smirk, was sure enough an unusal one. To some extend, Yuzuki even found it to be distressing.

Was it really all an act?

She couldn't make head or tail out of the raven and he knew. Plus, the fact that he used this knowledge for his advantage was rather counterproductive. It only made her overthink every single detail, even though it was the exact thing she ought not to do.

Then again, everything about this situation could have been easily found on the list of things she tried to avoid under all circumstances. Circumstances, which were supposedly comparable to the most essential laws of physics in Yuzuki's mind. Circumstances, which Izaya successfully managed to mess around with however he pleased, just because he had the power to do so.

Oddly enough, she was not angry at him in particular. Most likely she should have been furious, but in fact she did not mind at all.

Izaya was similar to a very complex puzzle to her. For some reason she felt the urge to collect all the pieces and put them together properly. Every single piece was worth the effort, was worth this.

"You know, we don't have to – " the informant started, but was cut off by a mouth pressed against his.

"Shut up," Yuzuki muttered against his lips while her arms snaked around his neck, fingers playing with his soft, dark hair.

Apparently this was all it took for the casual cocky smirk to return to its original place.

With the amused grin, the kiss proceeded to turn into something more violent. With noses bumping into each other messily and teeth colliding occasionally. It was almost like the first round of a more or less careful and gentle game turned into a raw, passionate campaign.

Not that she would complain, though. Instead, she gladly played along, as she sat up a little, legs wrapped around his hips and within one movement she rolled over, sitting on top of him, straddling him.

For a few seconds they just looked at each other, the comfortable silence between them interrupted just by them breathing. Neither of them was moving either, aside from their chest filling up with air and releasing it again.

Until Yuzuki's thin fingers dared to move from his jawline they were caressing, onto his chest and slowly to his stomach, admiring the firm muscles.

Again she imagined everything around her to be so innocent and childlike. Even if she knew reality was nothing like that, she couldn't help, but associate Izaya's behaviour with that of a child at the very moment.

The way he squirmed just a little, trying his best not to laugh, because he actually was ticklish.

The way he was just patiently waiting for something to happen while his eyes kept looking into her's curiously.

"You'd only regret it."

His words were still ringing in her head, they had been since they left the man's lungs. He was not completely incorrect with what he had said. Izaya might be a liar and he might be cunning, but he rarely was ever wrong, it seemed. Only that the regret was bound to invade Yuzuki from the moment they first met.

Everything from this point on was just fate. And fate was something humans were not in charge of. It completely lies in the hands of a god. In this case, it was lying in the hands of a cunning, omniscient liar.