Chapter VIII

Y/N's POV

Karina clings onto my arm while I'm walking down the hallway of the building, man, this is something that my family really needs to hear. I still don't know what Karina is doing with a member of the Kwon family but I'm sure, I'll figure it out really soon but right now I have to protect her from any more danger.

I looked at her face to see her face was still traumatized and worried from the event earlier. I nudge her a little which catches her attention.

"If you don't mind, can you explain what you are doing with Taeyang?" I asked her curiously and she sighed.

"Him and the others infiltrated my family's company a few months ago, they held all of our employees hostage and they easily beat our security guards. Mr. Kwon made us sign an arranged marriage agreement so their company wouldn't go bankrupt even more than it already is. So we flew here to America to meet up with some women named 'Eunbi', that's all I know." She told me the whole story which made me feel sorry for her but I was shocked to hear the name she mentioned.

"W-Wait, you mean Kwon Eunbi, the assassin that died in the refinery explosion?" I asked her and she gave me a confused look.

"Do you know her?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, she's one of the most deadliest agents of the Kwon family, one night, she attemtped to murder Jennie but she managed to set the refinary settings to self-destruct, Jennie got out of there in time but Eunbi wasn't as lucky as her, so we pressumed her to be dead ever since." I answered her.

"Anyway, I'm taking you home, my family can help you and your company." I said to her and she thanked me.

We exited off campus to the parking lot. I unlocked my car with my keys, opened the door for the passenger seat for her, letting her inside, shut the door, and got inside the driver seat before inserting my keys into the ignition switch and turning the car on.

*engine failure*

"What the hell?" I said to myself before trying to turn on the engine again but still no use.

"W-What's wrong?" She asked me with a worried tone and I looked at the dashboard to see no warning signs.

"Don't worry, I'll go check it out." I replied to her.

I sighed before getting out of my car, opening up the hood to closely inspect the engine for the cause of the malfunction. After a few minutes of looking into the engine, I see that two of the spark plugs are missing which is the reason why the car didn't start. Sh*t, looks like we're stuck here until someone arrives.

I close the hood, pull out my phone to ring my cousin to see if he can help out, but he isn't picking up his phone, so I tried Jackson's number and thankfully he answered.

Y/N - Italic | Jackson - Bold

"Yo, Y/N watsup?"

"Yo, Jackson, do you have any spare spark plugs I can have? My car's missing two of them."

"Hold on, let me check."

5 minutes later...

"Hey good news! I got some, so where are you?"

"I'm at the school parking lot."

"Aight, I'll be there in a few!"

"Thank you so much! See ya in a bit."

I hang up the phone, put it back in my pocket before heading back inside of the driver seat, Karina asked me what's wrong with the car, I explained that the engine is missing some spark plugs and I tell her that Jackson is on his way to hook me up with the parts and she nodded.