𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐍𝐀𝐏, beaters arm

BEATERS ARM
A c!Sapnap x Reader Oneshot

SUMMARY: In which one of Gryffindor's beaters helps a fellow 'friend' better their technique at batting

CONTAIN(S): gender-neutral!reader, gryffindor!sapnap, readers house is unidentified, hogwarts au (1,361 words)

AUTHORS NOTE: this idea came to me out of nowhere and several tabs about quidditch and other related stuff later, i finished with this. also not to familiar with sapnaps character yet so apologies if ive gotten any part of it wrong in this oneshot

 also not to familiar with sapnaps character yet so apologies if ive gotten any part of it wrong in this oneshot

"You'll break your arm swinging like that."

Spinning around on your heels, you were met with the presence of Gryffindor's beater. Or one of them at least.

Sapnap switched his gaze from your sheepish smile to the bat you held. His bat in particular. How you managed to get it from his dorm was a mystery but that wasn't his top concern at the moment.

"You shouldn't have your arm straight when you swing, unless you want to break something that is," He said as he mindlessly came over to you and began positioning you himself. "Bend your arm slightly, and when you swing don't swing down but rather up. Here, relax your arm and I'll show you."

You hoped he didn't notice the heat crawling up your neck up to your face as he held you like that but the sly smirk that you just briefly caught from him said that he did. Fortunately, he didn't mention it. Thank Merlin.

"Like this?" You asked, reenacting the same movements he just showed you.

Sapnap gave a satisfied smile followed by a nod before grabbing the spare bat from the kit.

"What are you doing?" You asked, watching as he released one of the bludgers, watching as it shot up into the sky before looking back at Sapnap who had a wicked grin on his face. "Sap?"

"Better get ready if you don't want to break your arm."

And with that, the bludger came falling down in your direction. While your initial instinct would've been to run, the knowledge that they were bewitched to chase the players reminded you that running would've just made things worse. Besides, at the angle it was aimed towards you it was easy to deflect it, all you had to do was focus and remember what he had just told you and.....