Prologue

"Please, not my daughter...", the man spluttered as he clutched the growing spot of blood in his side.
His ears, still ringing from the gunshot that pierced right through him; his eyes, still bloodshot from the utter shock he was experiencing - but most importantly, his mind and small amount of remaining strength, still fighting to keep his most precious possession out of danger.

"Dad? Dad! What's going on?", a voice crept from under the doorway he was leaning against and pushed its way past him.

"Let me out!",the voice cried out from the other side of the door; begging for some kind of reassurance.

BANG.

Another ear piercing shot echoed through the air and the cruel bullet rushed into the man's left lung.
Panic filled the air and the girls' screaming grew louder and louder as she tried to get past the jammed door but with no success.

"I'm s-sorry for being such a t-terrible dad
S-sweetheart".
His voice deteriorated as he half murmured this sentence whilst simultaneously falling to the ground and dropping the shining knife he held.
The knife he had attempted to use to protect his only child.

"Dad! What are you talking about? That's not true! Let me out!", at this point, the girl was desperately sobbing and pushing all her weight against the stubborn door in an effort to save her dad.
Heavy footsteps walked further away from the dying man and soon, there was nothing but heavy sobs and desperate screams to be heard.

However, after a few minutes, a single click echoed through the apartment complex from the difficult lock of the door and this was followed by a scream of horror.

"Dad! What have you done?! Say something!"
The girl cried out as she turned her dad over to face her.
The dark blood crept from all over his lifeless body and landed in a pool on the girls lap.

"Help!", the frantic scream from the weeping girl bounced back to her and reached no one else. However, she wouldn't stop trying but at this point, it was already too late.