Rindou // Well Played

Start from the beginning

Thirty minutes into reading, I remember a book that I am planning to read so I stand up and walk towards the bookshelf at the back. As I walk towards the back I could hear faint moaning not far from me.

"Rin, What if someone sees us?"

"Keep your voice down so they won't hear us."

"Oka- ahhhh~"

I keep on walking until I reach the end of the bookshelves. There, I see two people hooking up. They are both on the floor and the girl is sitting on the guy's lap. then the guy is leaning against the bookshelf. They both stop licking... I mean kissing each other when they see me. the girl quickly covered her breast with her arm. "Oh my god!" The girl exclaimed.

They both stared at me as I walked past them. I stepped past the guy's feet so, I could reach the other side of the shelf. I then tiptoed my feet to reach the book that I needed. When I got the book, I  passed at them again and walked away like nothing happened.

I left them dumbfounded. It's none of my business so I don't care what they were doing as long as it won't affect me.

I went back on reading and continue to mind my own business. A couple of minutes passed someone pulled the chair in front of me and sat there.

"Is this seat taken?"

"You bother to ask when you already sat there," I said as I turned the page on the book.

"You're kinda snobby, eh?"

I look up to see who's pestering me today and to my surprise (not really) it's the guy from earlier.

"If you're worried about me spreading rumors about you, You're not that important to waste my time with." I stared at him and I'm not gonna lie, he's a fine-looking man but again, I'm not interested in his business.

"Ouch!" He acted hurt in front of me. "it's not about that."

"then what do you want?"

"I don't know."

"Ulol ka ba?" (Are you a fool?) These are the words my Filipino classmate taught me. It's good to use in a situation like this. When you want to cuss on someone and you don't want them to understand.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing, I said you're handsome."

"Thank you."

I suppress my laughter, He really buys my reason. "Why are you laughing?" He asked as he rested his chin on his palm.

I sigh. "Look, if you're here to ask me for sex, I hate to break it to you bud, but the rumors are not true. You can find someone who can do it for free. leave me alone."

"No, I don't believe in that rumors because I'm a firm believer of the saying... to see is to believe."

"Really? or that's your way to get into my pants? acting like you don't believe in that rumors and play nice to me until I let my guard down?."

"You really don't trust people, eh?"

"Yes. Someone closest to me betrayed me, I won't let that happen again."

"Well, I need to earn your trust then." He sits straight and extends his hand to me. "I'm Rindou but you can call me Rin for short."

I stared at his hands and closed my book. I carried them and walked past him, I could see his smirk as I passed by.

"We'll be friends, you'll see!" He said but I ignored him.