𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.

Start from the beginning

"thank you for being with me every day for the past two months." she let her head fall on his shoulder as they started the journey home.

"don't mention it."

"did i just lose my chance with him, maya?" the blonde didn't hear the question. she was too busy staring at her 'best friend,' the girl she had failed to reach out to since danny's death.

"maya?"

"yeah?" she says, looking over to riley. "i said did i just lose my chance with him?"

"no, of course not peaches. they are nothing more than friends." but deep down, she knew that the two would soon be more than just friends.

"i sure do hope so."

⋆⋆⋆

"hey." frankie smiles slowly, walking over to danny's bed. "hey, frankie. what are you doing here?"

"you mom texted me." he sighs, shaking his head. "i told her not to bother you when you're at school."

"school doesn't matter right now. i can always go back to school." danny closes his eyes holding back his tears. "i don't want you to leave." frankie cries softly.

"please don't leave me." he made room for her to lie down next to him. "trust me; if i had a choice, i would choose to stay. you think i wanna leave you?" frankie laid her head on his, gently wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

"what am i supposed to do without you?"

"live." he smiles, "i give you three months to mourn my death. three months to lie in bed for three days straight. cry yourself to sleep, miss school, and push people away. not lucas though, you'll need him the most."

"you think so?" she questions, chuckling. "oh yeah, i know he'll help you. anyway, three months frankie. 90 days after that free trial is up, i want you to hug every person who made you feel safe and wanted. take a well-needed hot shower because i know you'll need it."

frankie scoffs, rolling her eyes, "rude."

"and go for a walk, breath some fresh air."

"three months?" danny nodded, "promise me."

"i promise."

frankie sat down on her bed, staring at the calendar. "i always wanted to ask about that." lucas voices, staring at the same calendar.

"danny gave me three months to mourn his death. i got ninety days to cry myself to sleep, stay in bed all day, and whatnot. he made me promise i would live my life after the three months is over."

"looks like you have twenty-nine more days." frankie nodded slowly, "yeah, i know. and i don't know if i'll feel different after."

"you won't, and that's totally fine. it's going to take a lot longer to be able to think about him without crying. just know it's okay not to be okay." frankie grins at him widely. the first genuine smile he's seen on her face in two months.

"what?"

"danny told me not to push you away." lucas furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head to the side, "why not?"

"because he knew you'd be able to help me more than anyone else. and that's saying a lot, mainly because i met you like seven months ago." she chuckles. "and i'm glad i listened to him because you are a big help."

he sat down next to her, "you help me in ways you don't even know, and i thank you for that. and i know you told me not to mention it, but i can't help but tell you." lucas' head fell, unable to look into her eyes.

"i may have lost a best friend, but i gained a new one." the blonde mentally facepalmed as he felt his cheeks getting red. "you're making me blush, you know."

"i mean, you did tell me to tell you what i'm feeling." he shakes his head, "i did, didn't i?"

the redhead nodded, "and i'm willing to talk more about my feelings. only if you want to."

"nothing would make me happier."

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆