Dear Winter ❀ Chongyun

Start from the beginning

Somewhat expectedly, while walking around the harbor and thinking of ways to find someone he'd be romantically interested in, Chongyun heard a few individuals whispering about strange events during a so-called "Test of Courage" on Wuwang Hill. 

And of course, he went to check it out.

"Sorry, ma'am, but you need a partner for this event."

"But mine ditched! Can't you let me through anyway?"

"Sorry, but not unless you find someone else."

"Seriously? That doesn't make any sense, I should be able to go in alone..." 

Hearing the commotion as he approaches, Chongyun looks ahead to see you arguing with the person in charge of the entrance. Hearing the topic, he realizes he won't be able to get past and investigate if he doesn't have a second person. So, taking this opportunity, he steps forward until he's beside you.

"I can join her," he says.

You turn your head and look with wide eyes while he stares ahead, at the employee. The man sighs with defeat.

"Fine. Here, these potions will give you more yang energy to scare off evil spirits," he states, holding two bottles up unenthusiastically.

"Ah, I won't need that..." Chongyun responds.

Still confused, you silently take a bottle and pour the liquid down your throat, feeling a cooling sensation roam around your mouth. It just tastes like water.

The employee puts the other bottle back down on the table, "Whatever, you can go through."

Chongyun hastily takes your hand in his and pulls you along, increasing your puzzlement. He looks determined, and you have to wonder what's going through his head. He quickly realizes he's been dragging you and apologizes, letting your hand go.

"Sorry, there's just important business I need to attend to."

With his icy blue eyes staring into yours, your face heats up and you cough awkwardly into your fist, "It's fine, but... What business, exactly?"

"Ah! I'm here to investigate an evil spirit that could be roaming around here," he answers with a smile.

You stare at him with a baffled expression, "...An evil spirit?"

"Yes. I'm afraid the people here could be in danger."

You figure he's missing the point of the test.

"Then... You're an exorcist, I'm guessing?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well, exorcising evil spirits sounds cool and all, but I don't think there's one here."

"Huh?" His eyes widen at this information. "What do you mean? I heard witnesses mentioning a flurry of strange events happening during this test."

"That's kinda the point," you blink. "People act like ghosts and stuff to scare the participants."

He furrows his eyebrows, confused by the idea. Why would anyone want to get scared on purpose?

"What's the point of that...?"

"To... strengthen the bond between people, I guess? Or so they can test themselves. It is called a Test of Courage. It's supposed to be fun, but it's not really that entertaining doing it alone."

"Then why did you argue to get in?" He asks.

You shrug, "I spent all the time going up to Wuwang Hill, I thought I might as well make the time worth it. It takes a while to walk here."