[027] ━━ yuri goes to the movies with jungwon

Start from the beginning

      Yuri scoffs, "forever? You're getting ahead of yourself, Ji."

      "I've never been wrong, Yuri. Never."

      "Anyway, why would he need to use someone to make me jealous? Can't he outright admit his feelings to me?"

      "I can tell you why he's not doing that, Yuri," Ji-Woo responds with a haughty smirk.

      Yuri raises an eyebrow, encouraging Ji-Woo to state her reasons.

      "Firstly, he's an aquarius, and lastly, he's a male," Ji-Woo states proudly.

      Yuri giggles. Ji-Woo wasn't wrong there.

      "What movie do we wanna watch?" Seo-Jun asks, drawing attention to him and Jungwon. Yuri looks over at the two boys and Jungwon beckons her over to his side. Without thinking, Yuri's placing herself beside Jungwon, shoulders brushing and her stomach tingling with excitement. Jungwon's hand was so close — all she needed to do was reach out and take it, hold it gently in her own hand and pretend it's just them in this awful world. Just her, and her light; Jungwon.

      Yuri hums as she scans the movie selection in front of them. Her pinky loops around Jungwon's and she ignores his stare, hoping her blush wasn't too obvious below the dimmed lights. "That one," Yuri points to a romcom. She hasn't seen one in ages. "I'm in the mood to cry over a happy ending tonight," Yuri solidifies her answer.

      Without missing a beat, Jungwon agrees with Yuri. "Me too. The boys don't usually want to watch romcoms," Jungwon was obviously referring to ENHYPEN. Yuri remembers to Sunghoon continously putting up a fight whenever Yuri brought up a romantic tv series or movie to watch. Getting him to watch True Beauty was hard enough.

       Ji-Woo shrugs, "I don't mind."

      Seo-Jun slips his arm around Ji-Woo's shoulders, "alright, we're watching that movie then. Let's go buy tickets!"

      Yuri and Jungwon amble ahead of Ji-Woo and Seo-Jun, familiar and comfortable silence embracing the pair. Yuri moves her hand futher into Jungwon's, enjoying the delicacy of tonight, enjoying how her heart is beating a fine line, how her heart is sets off random tremors that flood Yuri's blood stream with longing and adrenaline — adrenaline to press her lips against Jungwon's and melt into the sweet nothings, whispers of broken promises and transient declarations.

      "Do you want popcorn? I'll buy it," Jungwon says as they wait in line, "do you like it buttered?"

      Yuri snorts, "what am I? Tasteless?"

      Jungwon nudges Yuri's shoulder with his in a teasing way, "I don't know, you could be."

      Yuri gasps, offended. She places her free hand over her heart, "how dare you! Because of that, I'm taking back all the notes I've written for you this year."

      Jungwon laughs and Yuri wants to explode. His laughter is warm and welcoming, is comfortable and secure. His laugh reminds Yuri of home. "Only if you can find them," his eyes were alight, challenging Yuri, luring her closer into his intoxicating soul, waiting to trap her in his never-ending charm.

      Yuri leans close to Jungwon, holding his heated gaze. She smirks, "you underestimate me, kitty."

      Jungwon leans in even closer, not backing down from Yuri's unspoken challenge. His eyes glance down at her lips for a fleeting moment, before maintaining their heated stare, "do I?" His voice is almost a whisper. Like usual, the air around them is tense and taunt. No one dares to enter and no one dares to pull them apart.