BONUS CHAPTER: What if...?

A/N: Thank you for reading, voting, commenting, and adding White to your reading list. White reached 30k reads and #4 in Thrill. I could never thank you guys enough.

So this chapter is dedicated to those who want to think that Sapphire and Bucky ended happily in this first book (but I still suggest reading the second book or at least the bonus chapters of it) 😉

Enjoy 🖤

———————---------------———————---------------———————---------------———————-----------

📍Brooklyn, New York | December 2023

"Pst," Bucky heard someone as he was being awakened.

"Pst," he heard it again, making him groan.

"James, wake up," a soft voice said while he was being shaken.

"Doll," he rasped, rubbing the sleep of his eyes.

"James, we need to put the gifts under the tree," Sapphire told him.

"What?" Bucky's brows furrowed as he saw the angry red lines of the clock on Sapphire's bedside table. "It's an hour before midnight."

"Exactly," Sapphire placed a hand on his bare chest. "Sage is asleep. And I kinda made him believe that Santa is real for the last years."

Bucky chuckled, focusing on the pale woman who was leaning on top of him. Her white hair framed her face as her steel eyes were still bright in their normal state despite the darkness.

"Stop laughing," Sapphire scolded, swatting his chest. "Sue me for wanting to let Sage experience things I never did."

Bucky softly smiled, bringing her down to him for a hug and placing a kiss on her forehead, "You're the best. You know that?"

It's been 2 months since half of the universe returned. At first, it was quite hard for Bucky to comprehend that he was a father. More so, he was scared not to fuck things up.

But from the first time Sage greeted him as "Papa," with those bright blue eyes and sweet grin, everything fell into place for him.

He saw more of Sapphire being patient with the young boy because of his energy. And every time Sage would get hurt due to his adventures, Sapphire remained calm while Bucky felt a constant panic for the child.

She was patient with him as well, even though in her time, they were 5 years apart.

"Of course, I am," Sapphire replied to Bucky, making him scoff and chuckle.

"Of course you are," Bucky hummed, caressing her back gently under Sapphire's camisole.

Minutes passed by, they stayed unmoving and silent, listening to the calm Christmas breeze of the night and feeling the synchronized rhythm of the thumping of their hearts against each other.

"James, as much as I love to stay here forever, Sage will wake up in an hour, trying to catch Santa," Sapphire mumbled on his chest.

"Come on. Let's go greet Santa," Bucky joked, tapping her hips softly.

They both got up and went downstairs.

Bucky brought down all the gifts they had hidden for Sage in their closet while Sapphire was in the living room, pouring flour on a cardboard box.

"What are you doing with the flour?" Bucky asked, arranging the gifts under the tree.

"To make Santa's footsteps," Sapphire smiled at him. "I wear these big boots and step on the flour to leave marks on the floor leading to the tree and cookies."