xxx. that's what love is

Start from the beginning

"What?" Peyton abruptly turned around.

"The singing is getting nowhere. All I do is mini concerts in my home town. I want to travel, go on tour, meet new people. I want the world to know my name." He told her his side of things.

Peyton heard him clearly, she understood. She just was scared. Scared that she could lose him, he could change, scared he'll never be around or end up meeting some famous hottie. But most of all, she wanted him to go after what he wanted.

"If that's what you want, I'll make some calls and get you an agent." She simply smiled at him. She didn't want her fears to tear him down and that's the last thing she wants . . . for him to end up resenting her for not helping him further in his suppose singing career.

He gave her a cheeky smile before pecking her cheek then heading back to the bedroom to get some clothes on.

• • •

"So what time do we need to be there?" Ashely ask Brooke who was trying to remember where she hid the ring.

"Nine." Brooke told the blonde as she got down on the floor in her dress looking under the couch.

"Well, we better get going." Ashely tilted her head trying to figure out what her friend was doing, "Did you lose the ring?" That was the only reason she could think of for Brooke being on the floor.

Brooke scoffed, "Pfttt, no."

Ashely had her arms crossed over her chest, "You did didn't you?"

"Just help me look for it." Broke acted as if she was annoyed.

Ashely rolled her eyes before heading in the living room to help her airhead friend look for her Peyton's engagement ring. She started rummaging through some shopping bags then moved on to the chair that was by the tv cause she had this feeling.

She reached her hands under the cushion, feeling around to see if she could feel something that was ring-like. She thought she did but when she pulled it out, it was something else that she's been looking for.

"Found it!" Ashely announced which got Brooke excited.

"The ring?!" Brooke turned her head towards Ashely in excitement.

"No, my lipstick. I've been looking for this color for awhile now." Ashely smiled as she held it in her hand, staring at it.

Brooke was not pleased. Her face literally spelled bitch. Time was running out and Chad was on his way to get the ring. Brooke was on the verge of losing it, "Find. The. Damn. Ring!"

After another five minutes, there was still no ring. They thought it was hopeless until Brooke got a bright idea to go check her room and Ashely found herself looking through Brooke's purse.

"Found the ring!" Ashely screamed from the top of her lungs.

Brooke ran out her room so fast, "Where was it?" She saw the box Ashely held with the ring inside.

"You're purse." Ashely shrugged, handing the ring box to Brooke.

Brooke was admiring the ring cause she was so happy it was found but quickly snapped out of it once she heard the words come out Ashley's mouth, "You went through my purse?"

The door bell finally ring and for Ashely, it was the right moment too. She gave Brooke a smile as she made her way to the door. She opened it and there he stood, the man who was going to pop the question that night.