Life at Waley Fields (BoyxBoy)

Sooooo, this is Russell's story! I decided to post it earlier than intended because... I honestly can't see myself finishing any of my other stories any time soon (not to mention, I'm completely stuck on a couple) so I needed something else to occupy myself with while awaiting inspiration.

Title is under construction; if anyone has any better ideas, feel free to share. You'll totally get credit.

For new readers; you don't have to read Black Sheep to understand what's going on-this is more of a prequel.

Enjoy! :)

Warnings: Slash, explicit language, Australian slang (contact me if there is something you don't understand), sexual relations between two men.

Note: "Gaol" is a fancy, schmancy way of writing "Jail". We tend to use that particular spelling in books and newspapers in Australia because it looks nicer :) 

xXx

Prologue:

The last thing Russell had been expecting was someone to pay his bail; especially some teenage brat who looked as though he hadn’t a care in the world. It made him feel physically ill.

“White; the kid’s paid bail. You’re free to go,” A police officer; Jones, he thought it was, replied gruffly and let him out of the cell.

“You let some kid pay my bail?” He asked with an eyebrow raised as he eyed the smiling blonde haired kid.

“I’m not a kid.”

“Right,” He snorted and held his hands out so that Jones could uncuff him. He then shoved passed the cop and stopped beside the kid. “Whatever, thanks for bailin’ me out. I’m outta here.”

“No you’re not.”

Russell paused for a moment, turning back to look at the kid who was still smiling. “I’m not?”

“Nope. You didn’t actually think I’d bail you out for no reason did you?” The kid asked, causing Russell to frown.

“I’m not making any deals with you,” He replied.

“Well. I’m afraid you don’t have much of a choice, Mr White, because I just paid six hundred dollars to bail you out of gaol."

Russell ignored him and walked out of the police station. The kid chased after him.

“Hey! Hey, wait a second. I’m not done with you!”

“Look, kid. I don’t know what you want but-”

“Work for me.”

He frowned, turning to stare at the kid in disbelief. “Excuse me.”

“Work for me,” He repeated. “I’m starting up a farm and I’m looking for farm hands.”

“Do you even know why I was thrown into gaol in the first place?” He demanded, earning a nod from the blonde.

“Of course I know; everyone from miles around knows.”

“So you've heard that I bashed the living crap out of my boss and decided to bail me out of gaol and have decided to take me on as an employee anyway?” He asked dryly as he looked at the blonde kid. He nodded furiously, causing Russell to snort. “You’re insane.”

“Possibly; but you’re also the best drover in the state. I’m willing to risk a lot to have you on the farm.”

“Even if there’s the small possibility that I’ll end up bashing the shit out of you too?” He asked.

“I may not look like much but I can handle myself,” He replied seriously before smiling again. “So, will you work for me?”

“No-”

“Oh come on. Work for me at Waley Fields and you’ll have a place to stay, food to eat and a salary. “Unless you have some place else to go?” He challenged, one eye brow raised.

“I guess I don’t have a choice,” He grumbled and scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly. “But I don’t like the thought of working for a kid.”

“Riley,” He replied. “My name is Riley and you are about to find out that working for me isn’t going to be a walk in the park.”