" 一 "

Your quirk is so awesome! ❞

❝ Your quirk is so awesome! ❞

- 📜 -

Chapter 1: His Quirk

"Katsuki, your quirk is so awesome!" exclaimed a boy excitedly. He flapped his wings up and down, nearly hitting another in the face with them. Bakugou Katsuki grinned smugly.

"Obviously," he puffed out his chest. "I'm the best!"

It was the day that 4-year-old Bakugou Katsuki got his quirk: explosion. Since morning, everyone who found out about it had been gawking and praising him, saying what a fine hero he'd be.

Shouldn't have done that.

They just fueled his ego more.

He and his group of cronies were currently at the park near his house, along with a kid whom he actually considered his friend -

"Katsuki-kun! Say 'explosion'!"

"Explosion!" he cried, turning over to where 4-year-old L/n Y/n stood, a camera held firmly in her hand as she hit the 'capture' button. Though she'd done this many times, L/n cheered.

The picture came shifting out of the crack of her digital camera; she grabbed it with a flourish and began waving it wildly to hurry up the process of which the picture would form.

As soon as the picture became clear, she shouted a 'yeah', and the entire group of boys flocked over, glancing at the picture -

Bakugou had pumped one of his arms up in the air, his eyes were squeezed shut with glee and his smile was brighter than ever. The one arm that he'd put up was showing a small explosion. The lighting was crazy good, and L/n had taken it at a perfect angle.

"Whoa," the group chorused.

"You're gonna be the most awesome photographer in the future, y/n!" said Tsubasa brightly, the kid with wings.

Y/n smiled warmly. "Thanks!"

Matu, another boy with a finger extension quirk, pointed at the picture. "How come he looks so good though?"

Bakugou jabbed him in the stomach, shouting as the poor lad winced. "It's coz I look great already, idiot!"

Patlu, the last male in the group guffawed.

The boys fooled around, using their quirks to jab at each other, while L/n whipped out a thick album book, minding her own business as she ignored Bakugou's cries of 'die' from behind her.

She got down on all fours on the floor, and placed the book on the ground. There weren't any tables or chairs around, the ground was her only option. She'd done this many times anyway.

The book was rather new, she had only pasted around 14 pictures in them. Written on the purple cover were the big, messy wording that said 'Bakugou Katsuki #1'.

Yes, she has an album of him.

Ignore it.

Besides that, she even wrote a description for the book; in the first page, she'd written the words that read -

[ This is Bakugou Katsuki, my best friend's album. I will paste every single memorabial picture I take of him here so I can embbarass him in front of his future wife later. ]

She flipped through the pages, coming to a brand new page.

Pulling out glue, pens and tape, she began with her work. Slapping on some glue to the back of the picture before careully sticking it on the page; she added tape to each side to secure it.

Then, uncapping her pen, she began to write -

[ Katsuki got his quirk today. It's called explursion and it's so cool! I can't wait to get my quirk, and I hope it's just as cool as his! ]

L/n gasped, suddenly stopping to write when she realized someone beside her was reading what she wrote outloud.

"Katsuki-kun!" she said in a hushed whisper. "You can't read it outloud! It's like a diary, you can't read a diary outloud!"

Bakugou rolled his eyes. "I do what I want. Also, it's spelt as 'explosion' and not 'explursion'," he pointed at the misspelled word. "E-X-P-L-O-S-I-O-N. We learned that in school last week."

L/n made an 'oh' sound, and proceeded to pull out her liquid paper, getting rid of the misspelled word and rewriting it.

Bakugou got up, seemingly satisfied with what she'd written.

"I'm sure you'll get a cool quirk, Y/n," he said unexpectedly. "Then, we can be the best heroes ever! Like All Might!"

He began cheering all of a sudden, the thought of All Might empowered him somehow, and L/n liked that.

"I don't think I wanna be a hero," she sighed.

Bakugou frowned, pounting.

"BUT! I'm gonna become a really good reporter so that I can report all the cool stuff you do!" she grinned. Bakugou lit up.

"You better!" he grinned smugly. "I'm going to be the best hero there is, and you're gonna watch me!" L/n nodded, reaching into her backpack and pulling out cheering gloves hands that - may I add she'd designed herself - that said: Go Katsuki, The Best Hero There Is.

"Yay," she said, waving the glove hands around.

Matu stared at L/n. "Just how much crazier are you going to get, y/n?" Patlu nodded in agreement.

"She's losing her mind more and more everyday."

Tsubasa shrugged. "I mean, who says it's not healthy, right?"

The other two stared at him. "And you, my guy," said Matu, pointing at him. "Are a simp for y/n-chan. Stop it. Get some help."

L/n quickly finished up with that day's picture - the day Bakugou Katsuki's got his quirk - and rejoined her friends. She felt shivers go up her spine just by the thought of her own quirk.

Would she have a strong quirk?

Would it be useful?

Would she have a quirk at all?

She felt slightly saddened at the thought; if she did end up quirkless, would Bakugou hate her? Just like how he hated Midoriya?

L/n quickly shook her head to dismiss the thought. She admired Bakugou so much that the thought of him hating her broke her heart.

I'm going to get a strong quirk, she thought determinedly. So that I can still be best friends with Katsuki.

Picture #1: His Quirk.

⇝ CHAPTER ONE・END ⇜