"Got it!" Yun Xi took out her sniper rifle. This was a lightweight sniper rifle that Jin Lei had prepared especially for her. Its range was not too far, so it was only suitable for a novice like her.

She seemed to recall something, and she lifted her head and asked, "Does the Young Marshal have a personal rifle? I've never seen him use his rifle."

"Didn't you see it that time when he rescued you from being kidnapped by Crocodile?"

Yun Xi shook her head. At that time, she had already escaped, and therefore Mu Feichi didn't need to use his rifle.

"Of course Mu Feichi has his special rifle. He's named it War God. It's an L115A3 sniper rifle with a firing range of 2,500 meters. Currently, it holds the record as the longest-range sniper rifle. It is undeniably the king of sniper rifles. He doesn't use it that often, only for long-range missions. However, to rescue you, he chose to use War God. And then it turned out that there was no need for it."

"Well, I'm not that much of a burden. I can't save others, but saving myself? I do have that capability."

Jin Lei chuckled, then glanced at Yun Xi. "If that's the case, then show me what you've got. You need to show your best performance today. Because if you don't meet my expectations today, we'll have to spend the night on the mountain," Jin Lei said to Yun Xi in a condescending tone.

"No problem!" Yun Xi swiftly accepted his challenge.

Yun Xi knew that she had excellent vision and that she had mastered quite a few fundamentals from Li Zilan, Yun Xi was confident that some of those skills would be of assistance in the mission at hand.

That being said, as Jin Lei's figure disappeared into the distance, it did not take long for Yun Xi to realize the challenges awaiting her. Yun Xi acknowledged to herself that this mountain training was going to be extremely difficult.

Yun Xi checked out a few high-ground positions and moved toward them. She patrolled and rotated among these spots for more than two hours, searching for Jin Lei. However, try as she might, there seemed to be no sign of Jin Lei.

Even though she was dressed in the appropriate winter apparel and equipped with the proper equipment, Yun Xi could feel the cold engulfing her as she lay on the high ground in the snow searching for Jin Lei. To make matters worse, her legs were becoming numb, not just from the cold but also from the fact that she was having to maintain a prone position while lying in the snow for a prolonged period trying to get a glimpse of Jin Lei.

Looking through the gun's eyepiece and working on perfecting her precision was an action that Yun Xi was repeating over and over. However, in the vast, shadowy ground covered with snow where everything seemed to have the same white appearance, Yun Xi had trouble deciding on a target.

Although Jin Lei had not said that he was expecting a perfect, precise hit, Yun Xi was pretty sure that a shot too far off the target would not be deemed acceptable.

After enduring the cold for what felt like an eternity, Yun Xi had reached her limit. She flopped over and lay on her back in the snow. She was thinking over every possible suitable spot, and those that weren't suitable, for hiding. She didn't want to neglect any unexpected, but possible, positions.

Just when Yun Xi thought she had gone through all the likely places where Jin Lei could be hiding, she had a light-bulb moment. An unlikely location popped into her mind. Although the odds of finding Jin Lei hiding in that spot were long, Yun Xi held onto that thought with optimism. Without further ado, she flipped over, aligned her sights with the target, and fired.

As the thick red smokescreen created by the smoke grenade dissipated, a familiar figure appeared in the distance. It was Jin Lei. Just like Yun Xi, he had been hiding in the snow for hours. As he shook himself to get his body functions moving, he picked himself up and shot Yun Xi a thumbs-up.