Part 1

Gusto kong gumawa ng gulo

Gusto kong gumawa ng gulo. Joke lang, pero puwede rin namang totohanin kung malakas ang loob ni Xeng. At ang lakas ng loob ni Xeng na tambay sa Cake Bites at tirador ng 50% off na coffee stubs ay nakadepende sa araw at sa kanyang huling nakausap. It also depends on the last time she cried. After thirty-five failed dates in the last eight months, ang siste, medyo makapal ang lakas ng loob ni Xeng. Kasing kapal ng mukha ng late niyang ka-date.

Date Number Thirty-Six is an hour and sixteen minutes late, and the asshole even has the guts to inform her of his order while she waits. Kung iko-convert sa orasang suweldo ni Xeng bilang ghost writer na binabayaran ng dolyar, makabibili na sana siya ng isang sako ng bigas sa oras na iyon. She takes a deep breath, swipes her tongue over her teeth, and pulls out a pocket mirror. Kinuha niya sa bag ang tube ng kanyang paboritong na lipstick: Tom Ford Bruised Plum. If her date dares to make a lame excuse, his face will be the bruised one next.

Two bold swipes, a roll of her lips, and a pucker. She grins at her reflection in the mirror and fluffs her short, purple bob. Nagpakulay pa naman siya kahapon ng buhok, thinking this guy might finally the one. Oh, he's the one alright, the one to who she'll bring chaos.

Hindi naman talaga anal si Xeng, contrary to most people's beliefs (not counting her classmates' and previous colleagues' opinions). She's just very meticulous and she knows what she's worth. To her, time is money. Time is love. Time is progress. Time is the ultimate truth-teller, sabi nga ni Bea Alonzo. So why waste time on someone who isn't punctual? Best of all, why let someone waste her time?

Pero dahil nga may pagkakataon na nakararamdam si Weng ng dahas, she decides to pacify herself. Pambayad na rin sa inis na nararamdaman niya. 

A little drama won't hurt. A little drama will make the wait worth it. She sips from her fresh cup of black coffee (pangalawa na dahil naubos na 'yong kanina) and spies her date's Chocolate Mocha coffee that has turned cold. She rolls her eyes and crosses her long legs under the table. Umakyat nang kaunti ang itim niyang slacks and she smirks when her sparkly Jimmy Choos catches the light. 

Ah, the most calculated purchase she did this year. Saglit lang siyang nagsisi habang pauwi, pero as soon as she slipped it on, my, my, my... heaven. Who says money can't buy you happiness? Ang 'di lang naman nabibili ng pera ay ang matinong pag-ibig na hindi niya mahagilap.

It's been seven years at hanggang ngayon, mailap pa rin sa kanya ang tadhana. Kailangan niya na kaya ng talisman?

Kapag minamalas ka nga naman talaga. Pinagbigyan niya na nga lang 'yong gago kahit na kasing luma ng amoy mothballs na duster ang pick-up lines, late pa. Mataas pa naman ang expectations niya sa professionalism ng ka-date niya ngayon. 

Ike is an indie film director, and though he speaks too much about himself and his passion while blatantly using his work jargon to impress her, he's still cute. They both share a creative streak. The only difference is, that Xeng doesn't take credit for her works (ah, such beauty they are, by the way). Ike on the other hand, his job is his national I.D.