Chapter 51 ~ Sleepover (4)

Start from the beginning

Come to think of it, I don't think the announcement was that big of a deal in the game. I'm sure there was a large celebration, but I've never seen any anecdote about the announcement being done in such a grandiose manner.

U-Ughhh... I've been feeling nervous about it, but now that I think about it again, isn't it too much?! I-I'll die of embarrassment!

Well... that is if I don't die of embarrassment right now...

Kuh... I've shown these cuties such an embarrassing part of myself. How can I maintain my cool, impeccable, and reliable onee-san image?!?!

I want to be just like Evelyn! The super elegant, beautiful, and sexy "ara-ara onee-sama" who's also very reliable and strong!

But now... I'm sure they've seen how red I am... It's over...

Suddenly, Kiara, Evelyn, Illya, Noir, and Valerie-chan all swarmed me and hugged me.

"I love nee-cha the best!!! I won't let that prince steal nee-cha!!!"

"Why is Risa-sama engaged with that prince?!?! Tsk... I knew something was suspicious when he acted that way when I mentioned Risa-sama..."

"Uuuuh... But I love Alterisa-sama the most!!!!"

"I-I love Alterisa-sama the most too!!! Kuh... Onii-sama, you're too slow... You need to work harder...! Or should I take matters into my own hands...?"

"..."

E-Eh?! W-What's going on?

Why did everyone suddenly hug me?! I-I mean, I welcome it with open arms, but it's so sudden!

Wooww... They all smell so amazing... I-I feel like I'm in a garden in heaven...

"I-I love all of you as well! Y-You're all my best friends! B-But why so suddenly..."

I looked around and saw them all pouting and hugging me tightly.

Celine was crossing her arms and looking away with a small frown, while Lily was giggling to herself.

I-I'm really confused right now...

"Risa-sama! Since when were you engaged with his highness?"

"Eh? Uhm... A few months, if I'm not mistaken...?"

"Kuh... It's already that long huh... I should've made my move sooner..."

Eh? What did she sa-

"Alterisa-sama! Why didn't you tell us?!"

"That's right! Risa-chan you never even told me!"

"O-Our family agreed to keep it a secret for the meantime since we were still very young... At least in the beginning. But it seems like they're going to announce it anyway..."

I was very surprised when I heard about it as well... I wonder what made his majesty change his mind?

Was it because of the shampoo?

When it releases into the public, I'm certain it will be an extremely popular product since even the queen loves it. Our family would definitely gain an enormous amount of profit from its sales as well as the influence amongst the nobility and popularity from the citizens.

So does his majesty want to truly cement the relationship between the royal family and our household by announcing our engagement?

Hm... It's possible, but their relationship is already super close as it is, right? I mean, dad is the prime minister while mom and Seara-sama are absolute best friends.

...Well, thinking about it won't help. It's going to happen either way.

Hah... I should really start having Lily teach me how to act like a princess...

I'm too scared to even think about the consequences if I acted inappropriately during such a grand event.

"...I've decided."

Hm...? Evelyn?

Evelyn suddenly smiled at me so brightly and hugged my arm with such a cute expression.

W-Wha-?! W-What's this destructive power?!

"Risa-sama~ May I sleep next to you tonight~?"

Wha-?! An even more destructive line is here!!!!

"Ah! That's unfair, Evelyn-chan! I want to sleep next to Risa-chan too!"

"M-Me too! I-I want to sleep next to Alterisa-sama!"

"U-Uuuuhh... A-Alterisa-sama..."

Ah~ Is this heaven~? For these cuties to be fighting for a place to sleep by my side, this must be heaven!!!

"Hehehe~ I'm so happy~ Let's sleep close together so we won't be cold~"

Ufufufu~ It seems like I'll be rewarded for all the embarrassment I've suffered~

That night, I dreamed of standing in a field of flowers, surrounded by my best friends, my family, and the golden-haired boy that had been taking me through an emotional ride.

It was the best sleep I've ever had since coming here.

AN: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~!