Bonus Chapter - A Carter Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," I grin, stepping up beside her, "I made the salad and Bella baked the gingerbread last night. We figured everyone would enjoy making the gingerbread house here."

Novah nods with a smile, "The kids will love it."

Reece steps up behind me once more and curls an arm around my waist. He leans down to speak into my ear, "My grandparents were waiting for you to get here. They're excited to see you again."

I perk up at his words, spinning in his hold. "Let's go see them! I haven't spoken to them in forever."

My boyfriend smiles, bending down and pecking my lips quickly, as if he can't help himself. and I don't mind at all. "Come on," He murmurs when he pulls away. Taking my hand in his, he leads me through to the living room where the three of them are seated. His grandmother is the first to see us and she perks up immediately when she notices me.

"Layla, darling!" She grins, standing up from her seat next to her husband to walk over to me. She takes a second to walk over, but when she's close enough I wrap my arms around her and give her a warm hug.

"Merry Christmas," I tell her as she pats my back lightly.

"Merry Christmas," She smiles as she pulls away before looking me over. Her lips drop into a frown. "You're looking thin," her frown turns on Reece, "You're not feeding her enough, Reece. It's your job to fatten her up and keep her healthy!"

Reece curls an arm around me from behind and rests his hand on my stomach. "I'm trying, grams," He protests, "I promise I'm feeding her."

"I'm not a dog!" I complain, looking up at my boyfriend with a little glare. "I'm perfectly capable of feeding myself!"

"I know, baby," He murmurs lowly, dropping a kiss to my temple. His hand flattens on my stomach, pressing gently to push me back against his chest. "But Ramen and pop-tarts aren't enough."

"I get busy, okay?" I frown slightly.

He just grins down at me. "Which is exactly why I stop by your dorm every night with food."

"I've told you to stop doing that," My grumble of complaint falls on deaf ears.

"I'll start dropping her more food, grams, I promise," He assures her, sending her one of his gorgeous smiles. I get lost for a second or two, just staring up at him. My boyfriend is really pretty.

His grandmother nods once, satisfied with that. "Good boy."

She ambles back over to her seat and I follow, bending down to give her husband and Reece's other grandfather both a hug as well. "Merry Christmas," I tell both of them and have a little chat for a minute with each of them before I return to Reece's side.

His gorgeous turquoise eyes shine down at me as he welcomes me back into his arms. He watches me for a moment before whispering, "I love you."

I grin at him, pressing up onto the tips of my toes to kiss his jaw quickly. "And I love you."

"Layla!" I quickly separate myself from Reece when I hear that shout, not wanting him to get caught in the tackle that I'm inevitably about to be on the receiving end of.

The breath gets snatched from my lungs as Anna's tall frame pounces on me in a hug. I laugh, hugging her back. "You saw me yesterday," I remind her, patting her back.