Chapter Twenty-Three - Missing You

~

Reece's POV

~

One day. She's been gone one fúcking day and I already feel like I need to punch someone.

I can't help the scowl that stays present on my face throughout my walk to Chemistry class. Usually I would be walking to this class with Layla. Now I'm alone.

Everyone and everything seems to be fúcking me off today. When I got to my locker this morning, a group of Freshmen were standing in front of it, talking. Usually, I would have been annoyed but I would have just brushed it off and asked them to move. But this morning, I just snapped. I couldn't help it. I felt like punching one of them, even though they did nothing wrong. I'm an ásshole.

As soon as I step foot into my Chemistry class, I stop. You have go to be kidding me.

Arden Winter is sitting in her seat. Sunshine's seat. With her feet up on the table as if she's doesn't have a care in the world.

But I fúcking care.

I march right up to her and stop, glaring down at her. "What the fúck are you doing?"

She looks up at me with a smirk. "I'm sitting. What does it look like I'm doing?"

"It looks like you're trying to píss me off," I practically growl, dropping my bag onto the floor next to my desk but not moving from my spot.

"And it seems like I'm doing an amazing job," She grins, crossing her legs on the table.

"You do not want to mess with me today, Arden. Because I am two seconds away from punching a hole in the wall."

"Aww, someone's upset that their little girlfriend's gone," She says sarcastically, pouting dramatically.

"Shut the fúck up." My eyes narrow, "Go back to your own seat."

"Why? She's not here anymore, so this seat's free," She smirks.

"Actually, it's not," It's not me who speaks this time. I turn and see a blonde girl that I don't recognize standing behind me. I furrow my eyebrows but don't question it as she looks at Arden. "I would like to sit there, if you don't mind," She bats her eyelashes at Arden innocently.

Arden raises an eyebrow, "And why would I move for you?"

"Well, it doesn't seem like you two get along very well, so I thought it would be best if someone else sat there. Should I not have butted in?" She questions simply.

"No, it's fine," Arden tells her, standing up. She smirks at me as she passes, saying, "I didn't realize you'd moved on from your little sunshine so quickly."

I clench my fists, gritting my teeth as I sit down at my desk. The blonde girl sits down in Sunshine's seat and I frown. It's better than Arden, but I still don't like it.

"I'm Ella," the blonde girl turns to me with a wide smile. I only scowl. Her smile falters slightly, but she quickly recovers and continues, "I'm sorry if I overstepped my boundaries there, but I didn't really want to witness a fight on my first day here."

"It's fine," I grumble, just wanting this class to be over. Because the sooner I get out of this class, the sooner I get to my next class. And the sooner I get out of that class, the sooner I get to the class after that. And the sooner I get out of that class, the sooner I can get to lunch and call Sunshine.

The teacher waltzes into the room before Ella can talk anymore and for that I'm grateful. She's too happy. There's only one ball of sunshine and happiness that I allow into my life and at the moment, she's thousands of miles away from me.