Bonus Chapter - A Carter Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Yes! We got so many presents!" Macy grins up at me.

"Do you want to see them?" Sophie has a matching grin as she asks.

I nod, "Absolutely. I just need to put these in the kitchen, yeah?" They nod their agreement, before the attention is stolen away by Bella and Dad walking through the front door behind me. I take the opportunity to take off my boots by the front door before walking further into the house.

Popping my head into the living room, a smile lights up my face at the scene in front of me. Christmas songs are playing softly in the background, while Cody and Max are busy with a lego set on the floor. Max is clearly trying to help him, patiently going through the instructions with Cody. Anna and Liam are standing by the large Christmas tree, his arm wrapped around her while they chat away in their own little world. Reece's grandparents are sitting on the living room couches - both Novah's father and Lucas' parents.

A familiar pair of arms wraps around my waist from behind and a smile lifts my lips as I lean back into the warm chest. Tilting my head back, I look up at the smiling face of my boyfriend. "Merry Christmas, baby," I greet him, spinning around in his arms. I can't put my arms around him due to the two dishes I have in my hands, but I press myself closer to him.

His strong arms hold me against his chest as he ducks his head, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "Merry Christmas, Sunshine." He murmurs, his smile bright and breathtaking. He swoops down and presses a chaste kiss to my lips before pulling back slightly. "You look gorgeous. Red is absolutely your colour."

I raise my brows. "You said the same thing about the blue jumper I wore yesterday."

He shrugs with an innocent little grin. "Every colour is your colour. As well as no colours. If you wear nothing, that's even better."

My mouth drops open in shock. If my hands weren't full, I would have hit him playfully. "Reece Carter!" I scold, giving him a little glare.

He continues with the innocent facade, a little smile on his lips as he leans down to press kisses over my cheeks and nose. "Your blush is adorable, Sunshine."

I decide to ignore that comment as my blush deepens, instead holding out the salad bowl I'm carrying. "Help me take this to the kitchen, please."

He does so without question, taking the dish from me and turning around to start walking to the kitchen. I follow behind him, now missing the warmth of his arms around me. When we walk into the kitchen, I find both his parents there, busy preparing Christmas lunch.

"Layla!" Novah grins when she sees me, placing the kitchen knife on the counter to free her hands and rushing over to wrap me up in a hug. I melt in her embrace, wrapping my own arms around her.

"Merry Christmas, Novah," I murmur as we pull away and I give her a smile.

"How has your morning been, love?" She asks, walking back over to continue cutting up the vegetables as she had been doing previously.

"Really good. Nice and quiet," I answer her as I place the salad on the counter. Then I walk over and give Lucas a hug as well. He turns away from the stove to tuck me under his arm, giving me a little warm hug. "Merry Christmas, Lucas."

He shoots me a smile as I step back, "Merry Christmas, Layla."

"These look yum!" I turn back to Novah as she looks at the salad and desert that we brought.