Chapter 6

(Okay so I figured out how to fix Shinso's quirk in the fic.. I'm slightly tweaking his quirk so he only needs to get the person to talk to control them. They don't have to answer any questions like the Canon my hero world, just anything at all. So maybe making them scared and call out for help as an example. Boom. Mindcontrol bish..so yeah, don't worry, I doubt I'll be using his quirk during the story anyway so you don't have to understand it fully. Anyway, I'll start the chapter now. I'm so sorry for the wait!)

Aizawa Pov:

He's awake... he's awake!

I left my, now completely forgotten, coffee on the counter and marched down the hall to the living room. I was aware of Hizashi's footsteps following me and the way my heart was racing in my chest. I was unsure what to expect.. was he okay?

We slowed as we reached the living room door as to not frighten him and gently knocked on the door to alert him of our presence.

I wandered inside with my husband on my heel and knelt by the side of the couch where Todoroki lay. I watched his gaze hazily flicker around the room, unfocused, trying to determine his whereabouts before he locked eyes with me and tried to  sit himself up in a sudden panic.

I placed my hand on his shoulder to prevent him from rising and grimaced at the flinch I was greeted with. This only seemed to panic him further. His breathing sped up rapidly and he grasped at the blanket as if trying to ground himself. I instinctively began trying to calm him the way I do Toshi after a nightmare but not to much luck..

"Hey..shh, Todoroki it's okay. It's just me, it's Aizawa.. you're okay- you're safe here, it's alright.."

I peered behind me, silently asking Hitoshi for help. He seemed to understand and came forward to help the poor boy calm down. The effect was amazing. Toshi immediately embraced the boy, running his fingers gently through Todoroki's hair. The poor thing gripped onto Toshi for dear life but it only took a minute or two for him to stop trembling and start taking deeper breaths.

It took me a moment to realise Toshi had done this before.. It made me frown. Was it common for Todoroki to slip into a panic attack like this?? To the extent Toshi knew exactly how to calm him in minutes?

I signed to Zashi to go get the boy a drink as he must have been dehydrated before I turned my attention back to them and watched as Toshi slowly pulled away again, leaving Todoroki looking absolutely exhausted...

He tugged the blanket up over his shoulders after a small shiver and leant against the back of the sofa. He didn't look particularly well.. pale and slightly hazy with a rosy tint to his cheeks. I made a note to keep an eye on that..

Zashi returned with a glass of water and handed it to the boy. He hesitantly took it and we sat in silence for a bit. Nobody knew what to say next. Should we start to question the boy? Did he even want to talk at all? Is he embarrassed..?

I decided to bite first and gently laid my hand on Todoroki's leg to get his attention.

"Todoroki..?"

I watched patiently as the heterochromatic teen slowly turned his gaze to me, still pressed against the back of the sofa. It reminded me of when we first found Toshi.. He was probably frightened and in pain.

"Are you alright..? Are you hurt badly?" I asked softly.

How he got here and how he sustained his injuries could wait. For now, making sure he was safe and warm and cared for was all that mattered to me..

A small pitter patter of footsteps was heard from upstairs and Zashi went to make sure Eri was busy and fed. As much as I loved her, having a 6 year old in the room right now might cause difficulties. Especially a curious one with a difficult past. She may not understand and get upset.. I was so glad Hizashi was thinking the same thing.