Chapter 25: Intimacy

Y/N's POV

  I went to Theodore's door and knocked.  "Teddy?  Is it okay if I come in?"

  "J-just a second!"  I heard shuffling of papers and pitter pattering toward the door.  He opened it.  "What's up?" 

  "You normally finish your homework before coming home, so I was wondering if you'd like some help." 

  His cheeks turned red.  "Umm.  Sure.  C-come in."  He made his way to his desk and sat down in the chair. 

  I shut his door and sat on his bed.  "So what are you needing help with?" 

  He handed me the papers on his desk.  "Mostly math."  Teddy mumbled as he avoided looking at me. 

  I scanned the first page.  "Multiplying and dividing complex fractions, huh?"  I took a look at the second page.

  "No wait!"  Teddy said in a panic as he snatched the papers away from me, but I already saw.

  I chuckled.  "So THAT is why you didn't finish your homework."  I took the papers again.  "You're a great artist Teddy.  You shouldn't hide it."  I stood up, a mischievous grin plastered on my face.  "In fact, I think we should show your dad."  I dashed out of the room. 

  "MOM!"  I heard Teddy run after me, but with the head start I got I easily made it to the gift shop before him. 

  "Stan, you've GOT to see this."  I gave him the papers. 

  "Why are you showing me drawings of a girl?" 

  As if on cue, Teddy slammed the door open.  "Mom give them back to me!" 

  Stan raised an eyebrow at him before realizing what Teddy was talking about.  He started laughing hysterically.  "So you have a crush on someone now, little Grizzly Bear?  And you're into drawing too!  No wonder you refused to let me sign you up for football!"  He wiped a stray tear from his eye. 

  Theodore turned completely red with embarrassment. I came over to him and gave him a hug. "Teddy Bear, it's our job as parents to embarrass you once in a while." I kissed the top of his head. Then I turned to Stan. "Once you close up in here, show him the book."

"The book you got two years ago?"

"That's the one."

Stan nodded. "Will do."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

  Teddy walked into the kitchen, looking mortified.  He sat down at the dining table.  I snickered a little.  "So how'd it go?"  I said as I set his dinner plate in front of him. 

  "I'm scarred for life."  He said in a small voice.

  I couldn't help but laugh at his words.  "Honey, trust me when I say that it could've been worse." 

  "How?!"  He waved his arms in exasperation.  "I just learned where babies come from!  And I was a baby once!"  Teddy pushed his plate away from him and hit his head on the table.  "Now I know how I was made."  His voice was now muffled. 

  I tried to stifle my laughter.  "It isn't the end of the world, Theodore."  Stan then walked into the kitchen, looking a little flustered himself.  "You okay there, Stan?" 

  He just nodded as he sat down.  I set down his plate in front of him.  I took my plate and sat down as well.  As I started eating I noticed that Stan was picking at his food while stealing glances at me from time to time, cheeks pink. I tried my best to ignore his gaze. I nudged my son. "Theodore Bear, eat your food please." I chided. "You too, Stan." They both mumbled something as they started to eat in silence.

Once we were all done eating I gathered all of the dishes and rinsed them off. "I'm going to bed." Teddy said before leaving the kitchen.

I sighed before turning to Stan. "We should probably turn in too." I went up the stairs, with Stan following close behind. God, I wish we didn't have to share a bedroom. But we can't have Teddy asking any questions. He shut the door behind us and we both when into our respective corners to change into our pajamas. "So. I was meaning to talk to you about something." 

  "Hmm?" 

  "About how you fully kiss me whenever I come to help you out with work."  I turned around.  "Okay I'm dressed now."

  He turned to look at me, arms crossed and cheeks tinged with pink.  "I can tell that you're uncomfortable with the other guys looking at ya so I figured I'd remind them that you're taken.  It gets them to stop staring." 

  I... didn't even consider that being the reason why he was doing it.  Still doesn't make it right, though.  "This is been a more recent thing, you kissing me.  And the staring has been going on for about seven years now.  What changed?" 

  His blush turned darker.  "Well... since we've had to be more affectionate with each other for a while now... it's just became instinct to use that to help you, I guess."  He sat down at the foot of the bed. 

  "Stan..."  I sighed as I sat down next to him.  "I appreciate that you were trying to help, but... you're torturing yourself with this.  You know nothing can happen between us."  I patted his leg.  "We can figure out a different way to get them to stop staring, alright?" 

  He looked away and nodded. "Alright." He went to his side of the bed and got under the covers. "Goodnight Y/N."

I looked at him sadly for a minute before going to my side. "Goodnight Stan."

A/N:

I know it's a little rushed towards the ending but I was stuck on how to proceed. I'll try to eventually get around to fixing the rushed endings of some of my chapters, I promise.

-Rynn