I put my boots on and tied them before sitting down and leaning back against my locker.
Viv sat down next to me as she was tying her boots. Anna was over talking to Lotte.

"Leah's jumper?"

"Yeah. I forgot mines"

"typical"

"i know"

"so how was the bus journey?"

"Yeah it was good. Who did you sit with?"

"Katie. What did you and Leah do?"

"Nothing really. I had my head on her shoulder but that's about it"

"Are you sure? Beth seemed rather excited once she came back from filming you two"
I smiled so brightly as what happened replayed in my head.

"Oh yeah. We kissed"
Viv's jaw dropped.

"looks like you've got your girl back"

"i'm getting there. We're getting there"

"i'm glad"

******
We went out and completed our warmups. We came back in, i put my shin guards on and then left to sit with the other subs. I sat beside Jordan who was getting a rest.

The game started and i watched on from the side.

(commentators in italics)

The first half ended and the game was basically over. We were winning 3-0, viv had a hat trick to her name in 45 minutes. Viv was really tired though as she was everywhere. She was tracking back constantly before having to sprint to the other side of the pitch to help with an attack. Jonas was planning on replacing her early into the second half. Who he was replacing her with is what i didn't know.

"well, the game is pretty much over. It's 3-0 to Arsenal. Vivianne Miedema has been ruthless today. She's been top class but it looks like she will be subbed off early into the second half. Who would you like to see replace her?"

"Arsenal have been good today. Viv has been fantastic. Her work rate both on and off the ball has been second to none. She's a brilliant player and everyone knows that but today she's been playing at a whole different level. This could be a long shot but i'd love for young Sophie Roberts to get some minutes today. She has been excellent ever since she made her first senior appearance for the club back in 2018. She'll be desperate to prove her worth to Jonas. I'm surprised with her lack of minutes so far this season. She's only appeared in one game so far so i think he should give her a run out"

To my surprise that was exactly what Jonas wanted to do. He came to me as the second half kicked off and told me to warm up. I warmed up and it was a pretty extreme warm up as i was coming on. Jonas called me back over around ten minutes later and told me to get ready. I'm so excited. I took my- Well, I took Leah's jumper off and went to join Jonas at the touch line. He gave me my final instructions and i went on for Viv in the 60th minute. As Viv was walking over she hugged me and told me to go and do her proud. I smiled and ran onto the pitch taking up Viv's position.

"Well, Roberts for Miedema it is. Thoughts on the change?"

"Viv needs the rest and Roberts needs the opportunity"

"It's the 65th minute here at Borehamwood and the score remains 3-0 to Arsenal. Williamson switches the play to Beth mead. Mead runs with it, she's still going, Mead crosses an excellent ball into the box and i- ITS MET BY THE HEAD OF ROBERTS. SHES BEEN ON FOR FIVE MINUTES AND HAS SCORED WITH HER FIRST OPPORTUNITY. WHAT A MOMENT THIS IS FOR THE YOUNGSTER"