Anything For You

"Scott?" I said, trying my best to be calm. "What are you doing here?"

I could feel myself starting to shake a bit and my chest was beginning to tighten and Tyler could tell. He put one hand on my lower back and grabbed my hand with his other. I was able to slow my breathing and calm down a bit so Scott couldn't tell how much he still affected me.

As Scott walked closer to the table, all four men straightened up and were ready to jump up between me and Scott need be. I tightened my grip on Tyler's hand and I felt him squeeze my hand reassuring that he was there for me.

"A couple of guys from work and I went to the Stars game and now we're getting some dinner." Scott said, with a smile that made my skin crawl.

"Oh." I said, wishing he would just leave.

"Where are my manners? I'm Scott, Meghan's boyfriend." He said, finally addressing the table and sticking his hand out towards Tyler.

I was taken back from what he just said and it took me a second to react. I felt Tyler pulling his hand away from mine. I slapped Scott's hand away, annoyed at what he was trying to do.

"He's not my boyfriend." I said, looking to Tyler then the other guys. "You never were. It's been over a year since we spoke." I said, coldly.

I knew he was jealous because he saw the way Tyler was acting since he walked over to our table. That's why directed the last part towards him.

I was so done with this conversation and just wanted to leave. I never thought I would have to deal with his egotistical self ever again and yet, here we were. Just my luck. Although, he said he was at the Stars game so I am thankful that I ran into him after while I was with the guys rather than running into him by myself. That would have been bad.

"Why don't you guys join us? I would love to catch up with you, Meghan." Scott said.

"Actually, Meghan and I were just leaving." Tyler said, gently nudging me.

We both started to get up and Tyler walked over to my right and put his hand on my back again, while reaching his hand out to Scott.

"It was nice meeting you, man." Tyler said, as Scott took his hand.

I could tell Scott was fuming from Tyler's power move, but he was trying to play it off because he knew he wouldn't be able to take on all four hockey players.

"You too, maybe I'll see you soon, Meghan?" Scott said, turning to me.

I didn't want to say anything so I just gave him a tight lip smile then turned to the guys and said bye to them before turning to walk out with Tyler.

Once we got to the car, it was silent. I sat there trying to process everything that just happened as Tyler started the car and was getting ready to drive. As I sat there, memories from my last year at home before moving to Dallas started to flood my mind. I was starting to get overwhelmed and could feel my chest tightening once again. Tears started to threaten to fall but I didn't want to cry in front of Tyler. I didn't want him to think I was crazy or overreacting so I tried my best to stop them. It wasn't until Tyler grabbed my hand, pulling me to look towards him did I realize he has been trying to get my attention. As soon s I turned to him and saw his face filled with concern did I eventually break. I just sat there crying as he pulled me closer to him as he rubbed my back to try and sooth me. Once I was able to control myself and slowly gain my breathing back, I pulled back a little but was still close enough because for some reason I just felt calmer with him closer. I couldn't bring myself to look at him because I had a feeling, I would start crying all over again, but I knew I had to explain to him why I was upset.