Chapter one- Family Reunion

I tapped on the colorful, tiled floor of the child services room, waiting impatiently in the uncomfortable wooden chairs they had in here. Even the slightest movement caused the old seat to squeak but that was the last thing on my mind right now.

I looked straight at the door they had, never taking my eyes off it. It was also rainbow colored, but failed at bringing me any distraction. Nervousness, anxiousness, happiness, emotions were just jumbling inside of me. I could feel myself at any given moment about to break out into a sweat.

I couldn't believe it, they found her. They really found her.

A firm hand gripped my shoulder, causing me to jump and look up at the Child Protection Services Agent. The woman gave me a wide calm smile, what they where trained to do. "Don't worry Mr. Fox she's perfectly fine. They'll be here soon, so just take a deep breath, and relax." She said soothingly, patting my shoulder.

I swallowed hard and managed to do a stiff nod, returning my gaze back to the door as my foot continued it's steady beat.

Like hell I would.

It's been years since I last seen her, nine to be exact. The shock and joy that overwhelmed me when getting that phone call announcing the news- they finally found my sister.

I forced back tears and covered my face with my hands, praying the Agent wouldn't notice. They had found our mother too. Buried in the dirt of that evil man's backyard.

The man who's still out there.

The sound of the door opening returned me back to my senses and I jumped to my feet. My heart hammered when two people stepped in, a nurse and a police officer that never take their eyes off me. I adjusted my tie awkwardly and glanced back at Agent Jess who returned the same look before smiling back at them. "Mr.Fox, these two people and you already know myself- have been taking care of Rosy for the past couple of days when we first found her. Meet Judy, and Officer Matt."

"So your Shane Fox?" Matt spoke without hesitating, his deep voice almost echoing off the walls, hinting to me he's not up for small talk.

I cleared my throat. "Yes, that's me."

"Are you positive you want to care and provide all the necessary needs of Rosy Fox? Meaning you have a comfortable place to live and stop whatever you are doing to take care of her?"

"Yes, yes of course. I already moved out from my apartment and into my father's old house..." I paused slightly. "He had inherited to me before he passed. As for financial matters I work as a CEO, so be very assured I have everything it takes to care for my sister."

Moments passed in complete silence.

Oh no. Did I say something wrong? The thought terrified me inside, but somehow I manage to do a quick smile at the three of them. A thing I've picked up from Agent Jess.

The nurse named Judy is the first to break her judgmental stare, turning to the officer who gave her a nod of approval, and with that she spun quickly on her heels and back into the hallway.

I stood there shifting from one foot to the other, unable to see what the nurse was doing until she came back with a forced smile on her face. Not to me, but for a girl that meekly made her way into the room, lingering by the threshold at first before finally stepping in.

My smile completely disappeared at the sight of the her. Horrifically chopped, dark red hair covered her face, so unwilling to look anybody in the eye. She was small for her age, very malnourished. Her skin was almost ghostly, enough proof she never gotten enough vitamin D growing up.

This was not the Rosy I used to play with nine years ago. She was not the eight year old that always crawled in my bed when frighten by thunderstorms, she wasn't the fairy who tried a numerous of times to dress me like a princess- even though I was about to be starting college soon. She wasn't the same but, what did I expect? Of course she's not.

She is clearly broken, her soul seemed nonexistent. Rosy the now seventeen year old girl, is just a hollowed out shell. I clenched my jaw and forced my hands not to ball up.

If I ever find that twisted bastard that did this to her. I'll kill him.

"Rosy?" I croaked out, taking a couple steps forward. She doesn't look up at me. "Rosy," I repeated, lifting my hand to reach for her frail shoulder."Hey it's me... your brother Shane remember?"

"She doesn't like being touched. Trust me, you don't want to see what happens if you do." Warned Matt, lifting up his sleeve to display severe bite marks on his forearm.

I dropped my hand, ripping my gaze from Rosy to Judy. "What's wrong with her?" I asked, almost in a whisper from fear.

The nurse let out a sigh. "Sir, with all do respect that might of been the most ignorant thing you could've said."

The tension in the room got dense. "Th-that's not what I mean! I know what's wrong with her. But-but-"

"She's not responsive because she's deaf. Sadly, Rosy can't hear you." Agent Jess finished softly.
•••
Wow! So what do you guys think??? Do you believe it holds some value of turning into a badass story?