~

A ginger stepped from the car, running his hands through his hair as he turned back. He loved the cooler weather, feeling his best when the air around him welcomed new beginnings. He'd been dancing since he was little, far before many of the kids he worked with. His eyes sparkled with light equivalent to the ocean on a summer day. His gloved fingers locked together as he waited for his father to step from the car. They were not rich, but that made life interesting to him, he'd always felt being less rich made you more fortunate than those in the higher class. "Come on, let's get you inside."

"I'm not that old Chuuya, I can walk on my own. Why don't you get the juniors ready? Those two that tend to cling to you must be frantic without you getting them ready. You do as stunning as usual, alright? Don't forget to call your sister though!" Chuuya nodded, hugging the bundled-up man whose body shivered despite entering the warmth of the building.

"I'll call her after and tell her that I won.'' He had all the right to be this cocky, there was nobody better than him in Japan. He was at the top of the top, and even at the top music schools. All of this was through hard work though, he practiced as much as he could in his waking hours. He ate just what he needed. He was careful about injuries and knew his body like the back of his hand. It helped his publicity that he was good looking at the top of that list.

Many of the people stared at him, some of the younger people gaping at him, shuffling for pens as two men in black came to stand at his back, keeping people from approaching him. He was up for autographs later, right now he was trying to enter the mindset for competition.

His feet carried him by memory backstage, finding the three juniors who he worked with. The frailer of the three caring to himself. Akutagawa had always been the independent type, he was their emotional dancer. Then there was the duo, Atsushi and Kyouka, both relatively kept to themselves, but open to each other. They matched in rhythm well, then again, who wouldn't be able to dance to perfection with Chuuya as their mentor?

Taking his seat, he grabbed the makeup from the box and added finishing touches to his look. His fingers parted his hair, spreading the longer locks and tucking the shorter strands in as he braided it over the side. Sticking pins where he needed to keep everything perfectly neat and placed correctly.

One by one, the dancers left to perform, he was always the last to go in these competitions. Sitting there and watching as the younger dancers stumbled and pranced along the stage. One of the girls caught his eye. She was talented, but her movements were stiff and rigid. Her hair was only tied in a bun, and as she grew closer to the end, her fingers ran up and flung her hair over her shoulders. The blonde waves bounced as she spun and landed almost perfectly on point. For a junior, she wasn't too bad, but compared to his kids, she wouldn't win tonight. After she bowed and scurried from the stage, his name was announced and the world around him changed. The music spread into his mind, and his heart picked up its pace. He loved performing for the crowd, everything lit up, and he fell into the blissful world he wished would never leave. With the applause and cheers of his name, he strode onto the stage. His body relaxed and loosened as he hung his head in his starting position. The lights dimmed and the world was silent, but his heart became soundless. In a flash, the music blared and the lights flashed on. His arms slowly spread, his feet pointing as he began to move. This performance was meant to depict a boy growing distant from the world, falling into the darkness before being brought back by the music.

His body flowed moving about the stage with feathery steps slowing his movements, while the story hit the point where the boy fell into darkness. His feet slid beneath him as he fell to his stomach, arms reaching out before he was up again, the music increasing speed and volume. His body jolted alive as the conclusion began moving quicker, breathing heavier, the world spinning with colors and music. The audience lay forgotten as his hand came up and extended to the crowd. His head tilted back, and his other hand covered his face as the lights closed and the music halted. His performance was over just as fast as it had started. Flowers crashed onto the stage, people screamed his name as applause rang out.