“No worries.” Paul laughs. “I will forget if you will.”

“Deal.” I laugh. “Thanks, again though. I enjoyed the fight.”

“Me too.” Paul grins excited. “Did you see that lasted move? I told you that other fighter had no chance.”

“Whatever.” I frown. Remembering making a bet on the smaller guy. “Wanna watch it again. I heard they have it online already.”

“Yeah sure. Do you have beer?”

“Of course.” I smile.

{}{}

The next morning I walk Paul to the door. He fell asleep on my couch after watching two fights and several bottles of beer. After he leaves I was about to head back to my bed until I hear familiar voices outside my door. I reopen the door and my eyes widen in shock. What the fuck? In my driveway chatting was Nathalie and Paul.

Paul smiles and waves my way before getting into his car and leaving. Nathalie beautiful smile immediately changes when she turns and faces me. She stomps toward me and slam the door behind her. Welcoming herself in my home. “He stayed the night?” She snarls.

“Yes.” I reply nonchalant. I didn’t see the problem here. “We fell asleep during the fight.”

Nathalie looks around the living room and notice the beer bottles and laptop connected to my TV. She opens her mouth about to argue but then quickly shuts it back. “Okay.” She say.

“Okay? Okay!” I was becoming pissed.

“Yes.” Nathalie sneers. “Okay! I don’t have time for this. You don’t have to explain yourself. We’re not even together.” She argues.

“You right!” I scream back. “So, explain this?” I point at my neck.

Nathalie doesn’t pay it much attention. “It’s a hickey.” She answer.

“Yeah, a hickey you left on purpose.”

Nathalie rolls her eyes while averting her eyes. “Sometimes I overdo myself. I’m pretty sure that’s not the only mark I’ve left.”

“Cut the bullshit Nathalie. You left this knowing Paul would see it.”

Nathalie doesn’t say anything back. She just continues to stare at me with those damn captivating brown eyes. I continue to scowl not letting that look break me. “What if I really liked Paul, Nathalie? You and your damn possessiveness could have fucked that up.” I just wanted her to understand that she didn’t have the right. We weren’t together. We wasn’t serious or official. “This is just all fun and games Nathalie.”

“Are you sure?” Nathalie hisses. “Because the last time I checked it was you begging me to stay last night? So, you cut the bullshit, Rose.”

“I don’t beg!” I frown. It was a lie. When it came to Nathalie and a bed anything could happen. But, she was making me sound like a whiny bitch.

Nathalie shakes her head. “You’re so damn childish Rose. Figure out what you want then. If you want to be with Paul or anyone else. Go fucking do it but don’t you dare call me whenever it benefits you.” Nathalie then walks out the door slamming it behind her and I just roll my eyes and mutter a ‘fuck you’ as I watch her leave.

{}{}

The next day I feel like an asshole. I decide to skip classes and ignore Paul and Austin text wondering where the hell I’m at. Around noon someone is beating on my door. I ignore it but the pounding continues. I groan and stomp toward the door and swing it open. Standing there is Sam.