【DOMINANCE AND SUBMISSION】Ch.16┌Bring the enemy down┘

Start from the beginning

Lorene asked impatiently.

''We found evidence that you got your role of -Best Actress- by pushing Miss Zaylee off the fifth floor. After, no one wanted her as a lead actress because of her face injury. Because you destroyed her face, she wasn't able to act again. Do you feel good with yourself, Miss Bai?''

The man didn't waste any time, just as Beth had instructed him.

''Mister James, that's false accusations! You can't come to my house to slander me! It is illegal.''

Lorene exclaimed hastily.

Her nails dug into her thighs so deep it made them bleed.

''We have evidence, Miss Bai.''

Beth's voice sounded firm and threatening.

''What evidence do you have?''

Mister Bai looked at the both of them furiously.

He knew his wife was able of doing immoral, corrupt things even.

But he couldn't believe the woman he was married to for so many years was this evil.

He looked at Lorene and she shook her head furiously, denying everything that both Beth and the man said.

''Please, let her in.''

The Lieutenant's voice sounded again.

The door opened and an old woman came in.

Miss and Mister Bai immediately recognized her.

She was the one taking care of Zaylee when she was living with her parents.

''Ma'am!''

Beth stood up and helped the old woman sit next to her.

The old woman looked at the little lady's eyes next to her and teared up.

''My little girl. You are Zaylee's daughter,''

she exclaimed and patted Beth's head lightly.

Beth closed her eyes and lowered her head.

She then looked in Lorene's direction.

''Ma'am, you can speak what you came here to say.''

The lieutenant said firmly. Lorne stood up immediately.

''This woman is a liar! Do not believe anything she says, she was Zaylee's maid, of course, she would defend her bastard of a daughter.''

''LORENE, SIT DOWN!''

Mister Bai exclaimed coldly.

''EMMET BAI! You can't believe what this evil woman of a daughter you have is saying. She is exactly like her mother. A LIAR, A BASTARD!''

Emmet slapped her hard.

He shot her a look full of disgust.

He remembered how good she used to act with Zaylee in front of her.

This is her real face.

The man's devastation was written all over his face, just like his rage.

''SHUT YOUR MOUTH! YOU DON'T GET TO SPEAK LIKE THIS TO MY DAUGHTER. TO THE WOMAN'S DAUGHTER, THAT YOU CALLED YOUR BEST FRIEND.''

Lorene closed her eyes and did as she was told.

There was no sense left in her to even think about lawyers.

Beth's stare killed her a thousand times.

She shot daggers at her.

The woman felt helpless and hopeless.

''Start, ma'am.''

the old woman turned her head and looked disgusted at Lorene's face.

''This evil woman harmed my little Zaylee! She drugged her and pushed her from the fifth floor. I saw it with my own eyes. I also have photos and samples of the drug. All these years I stayed silent because Zaylee told me so. Now that my poor girl died, I can say it and relieve my heart.''

''Hear that, Miss Bai? Evidence.''

Beth said calmly, but her inner war that was her heart needed just one slip for her to lose it.

Lieutenant James showed the photos to them.

After that, he signaled to his men, and Lorene was officially arrested.

''Don't be too happy Beth Kappa! I will come back!''

Beth stood up slowly.

''No, Miss Bai. You won't be coming back. I will make sure you rot in jail for the rest of your life.''

Beth looked at Lorene with utmost hate and disgust as she was being pulled from the couch.

''Oh, right. We additionally have evidence of the orders you place on an operator back then o abduct Beth Kappa, not only once, but twice.''

''What did you say?!"

Emmet Bai couldn't believe his ears anymore.

''Yes sir. Beth's master behind the abductions was Miss Lorene. She knew you had a daughter, and not only did she not tell you, but she even tried to kill her, twice.''

the old haggard woman exclaimed angrily.

''We also have evidence for the many crime and repugnant things you have done by the years.''

lieutenant James added.

Miss Lorene was brought to jail without having a chance to fight since Emmet Bai did not help, which only made it worse for her.

After some time of discussing with Emmet and the twins, Beth decided to leave, she couldn't face them.

She apologized to Aether and Lumine sincerely but said it was the only thing she could do to avenge her mother.

Both of them were shocked and did not utter a single word.

They just hugged Beth before she left.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°