Chapter 19 - It's a promise

Start from the beginning

Ashwin was busy helping the kids with the puzzle like nothing happened between them.

He looked at her, smiled and all three of them got up. While Ashwin carried Mithra along with their go to bag that Sivaangi's mother had packed, Sivaangi carried Nethra.

All four of them came out of the lift and walked happily towards the cab pick up point, unaware of a pair of eyes that was looking at them vengefully.

Akash tried very hard not to let anger and disappointment reach his head, but the scene of a happy family made him loose his common sense

"Enna rendu perum vilayaadreengala? Kashtam time la ellaam naan theva patten, day and night vela seyya naan venum, but kadaisila enga irundho vandhu avan thookitu povaan, naan paathutu irukanuma? Vidamaaten da vidamaaten, dei Ashwin India la dhaan nee periya actor, inga nee oru dummy piece, idhu en ooru, kaatren naan yaarunu koodiya seekram kaatren" he took an oath to himself and left the place.

Sivaangi looked at the 360 degree view of the city from the flyer, it amazed her again as her first time.

Singapore Flyer is the giant wheel that moves very slowly taking almost an hour to complete one single round letting the people get the view of the city in every angle. It is especially beautiful during the dusk when the sun slowly sets and the sky scrapers starts lighting up.  It has always been Sivaangi's favourite place.

She turned and looked at Ashwin and kids. Due to non peak time, there was less crowd and they managed to get one cubicle whole for themselves.

Ashwin was sitting on the bench with them on either sides, bending his 5'11" height to their levels, making sure he is giving his full attention to all their yapping.

While his ears were concentrating on them his hands were busy peeling their favourite Longan fruit and feeding them one after other.

Mithra noticed how he was collecting all the peels in a plastic bag, that she immediately jumped from the bench, went and picked a chocolate wrapper she had thrown down previously and put it inside the rubbish plastic bag, getting a hi fi from Ashwin, which made her  so happy that she pulled her father down holding his collar and kissed him, while Nethra climbed on the bench the other side and kissed his other cheek.

This scene melted Sivaangi's heart, one thing she understood, whether she likes it or not, whether she is ready to accept it or not, these two need Ashwin in their life.

She turned her attention back to the view of the city slowly lighting up when she felt his presence behind her.

"Azhaga irukku la?" She asked her eyes still on the view

"Romba" he replied and even without turning she knew he did not mean the view, making her insides warm.

"As a wise man once said 'Happiness can be found even during the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light' and this is the proof of that" replied Ashwin standing beside her now with his hands in his pockets

She turned and looked at the kids who were now back to being busy with their game.

"You are very natural with them, fatherhood becomes you"  she said

"There is so much for me to do to compensate for all the lost times, I never got to see their first walk, first smile, never changed their diapers or stayed whole night rocking them to sleep" he sighed

"I am sorry, I am not blaming you, I understand  why you did it, but still whatever I lost is lost" he said his voice clearly expressing sadness.

Some how Sivaangi was in a very good mood that day that she let whatever he said slide.

She went and sat on another bench beside the kids' and tapped next to her asking him to come and sit.

Once he sat, she took out her mobile and started showing him some videos

"Idhu Nethra" she said showing video of Nethra as 3 month old  laughing uncontrollably.

"Appadi sirippa, naan kooda first Ava dhaan enna maari ninaichen as Mithra was very silent during her first few months, but then she proved me wrong" said Sivaangi with a smile, while Ashwin looked at the video like a priced possession.

"Idhu Mithra when she took her first step"  she said showing him a video of one year old Mithra trying to walk away from the wall she was holding.

"Oru two days dhaan konjam struggle pannina apporam no walking only running dhaan, amma appa enna ellarayum appadi oda viduva" added Sivaangi her voice reflecting so much pride

When she did not get any reply from Ashwin she looked at him, he was staring at the video his eyes filled with tears which melted her completely

"Unga mobile kudunga?" she asked

Once she got his mobile she started airdropping all the pics and videos from hers to him.

When she was done, she gave the mobile back to him

"Indhaanga I have sent to you all the photos and videos of them in all stages, I cannot give you back those times, but this is the least I can do" she said looking at him with a smile.

Ashwin looked at her for few seconds and pulled her into a bear hug, startling her.

"Thanks Sivaangi Ma" he said hugging her tight and started crying into her neck - shoulder joint

"Ma, what did you do to our Ashwineyy? Why is he crying came Mithra towards them

"No Mithra, Sivaangi Ma did not make me cry but she made me very happy, this is happy tears"  said Ashwin lifting Mithra on to his lap.

"Oh ok then" she slid down from his lap in the same speed he lifted her and ran back to her twin who was continuing her game

"I want to accept you Ashwin and forget everything that happened between us, but I am not able to , but I realise that you are essential in these two's lives. So I am ready to accept you in that capacity alone, I mean as their father alone" said Sivaangi looking into his eyes.

He placed his palm on her right cheek, bent down, looked into her eyes and said

"For now, but I will win you back soon Sivaangi Ma, it's a promise"

Author's note:

So how was it? Liked it? No ?

Were you all able to connect with the chapter?

There is lot questions and past need to be clarified still, which will slowly happen in upcoming chapters.

Meanwhile let me know your thoughts and comments about this one and shower me with your love as always via votes

Love,

DV