Curious Dreams and Plus-Ones

"C'mon Lennon, this has happened every day this week, and it's Friday. GET UP." I could hear Kinsey, but I didn't want to listen. I had an immense feeling of fear settled in my stomach. I don't know why, but that dream really stirred me up, it felt real. This, combined with tomorrow night just put me at an uneasy state.

"No, go away, I just want to spoon my pillow and see the inside of my eyelids." I wasn't serious, well, not all the way at least, I have always had a hard time getting up in the morning.

"If you get up, you'll get to see Gabe." Said Kinsey in a mocking tone. I slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, she had found my weakness.

"Fine, but not because of Gabe. I can smell your chocolate chip pancakes from all the way upstairs." After throwing on some clothes, Kinsey basically dragged me downstairs.

After retrieving my second pancake, mom got a phone call from uncle Duncan and went into the other room. "Guys, I had the craziest dream last night, you would never believe what it was about." I exclaimed before shoving a piece of Kinsey's pancake in my face, ugh, these are so good.

"Oh yeah? what happened?" Replied Tyler.

" I had a dream that there was whispering in the house, only when I found where it came from, I found out it was a key!" I laughed while everyone gave me a crazy look before looking at each other like they were debating to send me away to the loony bin. "What?" I said bewildered, they looked like they knew something.

"Nothing, just curious, what did they key look like?" Replied Bode. Why did he seem like he knew more about my dream than me?

"I don't know, an oval, it looked like it had a finger print." This was starting to make me uncomfortable, why were they looking at me as if I was crazy?

"Where did you find it?" Chimed in Kinsey, who just appeared at the table.

"I don't remember! Just leave it, I'm going to school." I lied while grabbing my bag. Why were they so interested in all the small details of my silly dream? They knew something, and I wanted to be apart of it. I wondered if they were keeping something from me because I haven't been around. Well, I'm here now, so they're just going to have to suck it up and tell me.

.................................

Walking into the doors of Matheson Academy, I spotted Gabe waiting at my locker. "Alright, why are you upset?" Great, now everyone's asking questions.

"What do you mean, I'm fine." I muttered opening my locker.

"If you were fine, you wouldn't have that frown on your face." Said Gabe while he put a hand on my shoulder, I sighed.

"My sibling are keeping something from me, even Bode. So I'm gone for a few lousy months, and they're keeping secrets, it's sick. I just...I just feel like I'm on the outside."Gabe suddenly got the same look my siblings had earlier, but quickly brushed it away. "Oh don't tell me you know too, God, does the whole town know? If I go and ask Eden what's up, will she know too?"

"No! No, I know nothing, I'm just as surprised as you are. I think you're just on edge, but you know what will take your mind off it? Tomorrow night."

I smiled, he was right, I'm probably just overreacting, or was I? And I was super excited for tomorrow, but I would never tell him that. "You are loosing your cool man, have some mystery." I laughed, closing my locker door.

"Oh, so you're admitting that I'm cool? What are you making?" He wrapped an arm around my shoulder waking me to class.

" who said anything about me making the meal, this is a learning experience, you are my apprentice, and like I said, mystery is the key word." We approached the classroom, where I saw Eden glaring at her phone, does she always looked pissed?