46. Her Grand Finale

Zacznij od początku

The vivid hue of their memories came flashing through his mind along with the icy wind. It was perfect timing. Snippets of her lively smile, that cheeky laugh, her sleepy yawns, and those hazel eyes that once held so much life - they tormented him as he loomed over her corpse.

"Holy fucking fuck!" Satine shrieked, clapping her hand over her mouth. "Taehyung what the fuck did you do?"

Backing away from the lifeless body, he met the far wall. It had to be a nightmare, there was no way any of this was happening.

"He ruined everything," he croaked, raking his fingers through his hair. "He ruined everything! I had to do it, I had to! He killed my mum."

Running to reach for him, Satine sandwiched his face in between her hands, trying to get him to see sense. This wasn't the time for another mental breakdown - they needed a plan.

"Tae," she choked, refusing to look back at her dead friend sprawled out across the floor. "Taehyung! We need to leave. We need to get out of here."

"I killed-" There was a type of fear in his eyes that Satine had never seen before, the kind of horror she didn't have time for. "I killed her. She's dead because I- I shot her..."

Four months of falling in love with Diana ended so abruptly; so quickly that it didn't make sense. Taehyung had killed before, but there's a difference between killing someone you love and someone you hate. Taking the life of someone you love removes a part of your soul, and now he was absently floating through existence with just as much purpose as Diana's remains.

"I know, sweets, and that's why we've got to go! No one can find us here. We need to catch a taxi, a train, I don't know, a plane. You heard what Berry said, he said he'd call the cops if you didn't bring him Diana. I don't know if you've noticed but there is no Diana anymore, so we've got to fucking go."

She flinched as Taehyung slammed the back of his head against the bricks, muttering something under his breath that she didn't bother to decipher.

He was internally screaming. Anger, pain, sadness - the emotions were so intertwined that there was no hope for a cure. Something would have had to completely blindside him in order to wake him up from the nightmare.

He was dying to focus on anything able to relieve the agony pushing him to the brink of his sanity, and it didn't take long.

Satine had already ventured over to the exit door, pulling it open before she realised he hadn't followed. As she glanced behind, his body hung limp and unresponsive, staring down at the gun still in his trembling hand.

His mind was working in overdrive, piecing together the final parts of the puzzle. The bits that didn't make sense.

Satine's hand locked around his, about to pull him off the wall, but she was dragged back. She didn't know how, and she didn't know when in the space of five seconds he had changed, but he had, and it was terrifying.

His presence was completely still.

With his pupils constricted and his usual golden skin washed a shade of white so pale that it could have been mistaken to be transparent, it made his reddened eyes from where the blood vessels had popped, all the more unnerving as they possessed a maddened gleam.

"What did Berry tell me again?" He questioned in a distorted tone, running his thumb over the remaining bullet sitting in the cylinder.

Not fully paying attention, Satine continued to tug at him. "Berry threatened to call... the... cops..." Her voice dulled into an inaudible mime as she realised what she had given away.

Taehyung's eyes tapered, scanning her anxious expression. "And how would you know that, Red?"

"What are you talking about? We don't have time for this, Tae! We need to leave!" She urged.