At First

Age 5 _________________________________________

A hot day in summer, Two mothers found themselves sitting in a yard drinking cold lemonade.

They're watching their two children play in front of them, The United friendship and innocence between the two girls making them smile.

The both of them just wished,
They could be that innocent and United.

The children playing together gave an aura of happiness and innocence. The two women sitting together gave an aura of passive aggressive behavior and judgemental stares.

There was no real difference between the two women, They were both Mothers, They both had Daughters, They both lived in a nice Suburban Area.

So why did these two women not like each other you may ask

Well, One was black and The Other was white.

Because of that one slight difference, The two women hated each other, Of course they'd never tell anyone it was for that reason. So they made obviously untrue reasons to tell people if someone asked why they hated each other.

So there they sat, Silently Sipping their lemonade and Watching their daughters play together.

Of course one of them had to break the silence.

Your daughter sure is a...Wild one isn't she? The white woman said with a bittersweet tone, and A tight smile.

The Black Woman Stopped sipping her drink, Smiled a smile just as tight and spoke with a tone just as sweet.

Oh you say? Well I for one think your daughter is a riot climbing all those trees, Though she seems very...Unladylike

The black woman laughed, she knew that would strike a cord within the White woman.

The white woman's expression, smile, and laugh were sweet but her eyes might as well have been licorice, There was nothing sweet about the look in them.

The black woman gave a victorious hum seeing the stare the white woman was giving her and continued sipping her drink.

They both looked away from each other and rolled their eyes.

The two children were unbeknownst to their mothers passive aggressive and bittersweet comments about them and were instead running around the yard, climbing trees and playing with dolls.

The daughter of the white woman was named Sarah, She had mid length dirty blonde hair, A skinny face, A small nose and hazel eyes.

The daughter of the Black Woman was Named Naya. She had mid length black hair that was braided into singles, Pink and White burettes that were shaped like flowers decorated her single braids. She had brown skin, and chubby cheeks, her eyes were a dark brown, Her lips full and her eyes almond shaped.

They had both taken a break from their Tree climbing to play with their dolls.

Let's play Castle Naya!! Sarah shouted enthusiastically her tone was bright and innocent

Okay!! Naya didn't know what castle was but her tone was just as bright and enthusiastic.

After all, Naya would play anything the pretty Sarah wanted to play.

Okay I'll be the princess! Sarah pointed to herself, And you can can be the maid! She pointed to Naya

What's a maid? The Brown skinned girl asked, confusion evident in her small but high voice.

A maid is the person that does whatever the princess says! Sarah said, Her cheeks puffed out and pride evident all over her face.

Naya frowned at that. She didnt want to be the maid, she wanted to be a princess too. She didnt understand why they both couldn't be princesses.