Part 5 - Flat Tires

I don't know what it is, but a deep part of me wants nothing more than to feel Natasha's body against mine again. Perhaps that is what drives me to do what I'm doing right now, or perhaps it is me realizing that I'm going to need to get to Dreykov with some results soon or else he'll start to get suspicious that I'm going under his radar.

At 3 AM, I sneak over to Natasha's trailer and drain the gas from her radiator, knowing that it'll leave her with no choice but to go into town to get gas. After that, I travel down the road to town and stake out a good remote spot for my attack. There's a bridge over a river, not a single car in sight. I sit on the edge of the bridge for 30 minutes, and not a single person passes over it in that time. Perfect.

Having found my spot, I drag my supplies and my motorcycle into the woods near the entrance to the bridge where I can camp out. At this point, it's 4 AM and I know Natasha won't be coming for a few more hours, so I set my alarm for 7 AM and allow myself to drift off to sleep.

After being rudely woken up by my alarm, I pass the time waiting for Natasha by doing my best to freshen up and make it look like I didn't just spend last night in the woods. The time spent in lookouts is some of the best yet worst time on missions; I'm dying of anxiety and boredom, yet I also at least get to fix myself up slightly.

Getting an intuition that Natasha's going to be here soon, I decide to save braiding my hair for while I'm waiting for her on the bridge. I settle in behind a wide pillar of the bridge, sitting down on the opposite side of where I know Natasha will be approaching so she won't see me. Since I decided to sit outside the fence of the bridge for a better hiding spot, there is nothing between me and the raging river below the bridge. I set my gun down beside me and attempt to ignore the fact that my feet are hanging off the literal edge while I begin to rebraid my hair.

As I finish rebraiding my hair, I hear a car in the distance. I quickly get into position with my gun; I only have a few-second window to shoot Natasha's tires out before she'll try to speed away. I also have to make sure it's her before I start shooting or else I'll draw some unwanted police attention to myself.

As the car approaches, I catch a glimpse of it and confirm that it's Natasha's. I quickly take aim, watching her tires as they continue getting closer. Once they're in range, I open fire, shooting as many rounds as I can before the car accelerates.

As the car accelerates, I smirk to myself upon seeing the back tire becoming deformed from its rapidly losing air. I got her.

Natasha must realize that I got her tire, because the car begins to slow down, stopping in the very middle of the bridge. I swiftly step out from behind the pillar, hopping over the fence lining the edge of the bridge.

The car door opens, and Natasha steps out angrily, gun in hand.  "Did you really have to shoot my tire out?" she asks condescendingly.  "And I'm guessing you had something to do with my radiator running out of gas."

I smirk as I watch her, each of us aiming our guns steadily at the other.  "What would make you think that?" I ask mockingly.  I continue walking towards her, stopping when I'm four feet away.  "I believe that you have something of mine."

She smirks as she cocks her head to the side.  "What would make you think that, Vallonia?"

Expecting her to have figured out my name, I don't let it affect me as I press on. "I have a loose end to tie up. Where is my knife?"

She smirks, and my gaze falls to her belt to see my knife sitting in it casually, almost naturally.  I scoff as I dramatically drop my arm holding the gun.  "Are you fucking serious?  You're just going to wear it like it's yours?"