Prompt 31 (Pietro)

You rushed to Pietro's body as the rescue boats rose into the sky towards the airship. Tears fell from your eyes and stained your cheeks as you brought his head into your lap. You stroked his cheeks, your tears falling over his face and on his closed eyes.

People stepped away to give you the space you needed to grieve. It wasn't long before Wanda joined your side, her head leaning on his bloody chest. Your held him close, your hands wrapping over his chest as you leaned over him.

Suddenly, you felt the faintest pound, the weakest beat under his chest. You went silent, your eyes shooting open as you pressed your hand firmly against his chest.

And there it was again.

A heartbeat.

"Wanda," you breathed, looking up at her. She looked back at you, tears clouding her eyes. "I felt something. Put your hand here." You grabbed her hand and guided it over his heart. You both waited for a long time before you felt the beat again.

Her breath hitched and she harshly wiped the tears from her eyes as her hand hovered over his chest. Her scarlet magic curled over him as she closed her eyes to focus. The bullets began ti rise from his chest and you pressed your hands to him to try and keep him stable. When they were fully out, you began using your own powers to seal his wounds, focusing as your magic had your veins glowing gold.

When the boats reached the ship, medics started rushing in to tend to the injured. You managed to rally them to you and they raised Pietro on a stretch as they wheeled him to a medical room. "He lost a lot of blood," you said as you and Wanda rushed with them.

When you reached the medical room, they had you stay behind. You and Wanda stopped at the door that and closed in your face.

"Is he going to make it?" she wondered in a broken voice. You pulled her to you in a hug, holding her close as you hoped for her brother and your lover to survive.

It was hours before those doors finally opened again as the doctor stepped out. "I don't know how you did it, but he's going to live."

The both of you let out a relieved sigh as a weight lifted off your hearts. Wanda pulled you into a hug as smiles covered your faces. "Can we see him?" you asked.

The doctor nodded, "He should have died back there, he lost so much blood, his heart was practically still. Whatever is pumping through his veins gave him an extra boost."

You both walked past the doctor and into the room to see Pietro playing with the control to his bed. You both rushed over and wrapped your arms around him, squeezing him tight. He groaned as you squeezed him a little too tight.

"Can't believe you're still alive," you whispered in his ear.

"I wouldn't leave you, my princessa," he hugged the both of you close and whispered to Wanda, "And I wouldn't leave you, my sister."

You placed a long, deep kiss to his lips. You pulled away and pressed another kiss to his forehead. "Don't die on me, Piet."

"I won't."