four. lonesome breaker

FOUR. LONESOME BREAKER

 LONESOME BREAKER

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the black and white haired giant from rakuzan was walking through the sidewalks, getting curious glances from bystanders.

she was no longer wearing her rakuzan uniform. in its place was a pair of black basketball shorts, a black muscle tank top with her white sports bra underneath, some black high socks, and a pair of dark blue basketball shoes. her long hair was let down, swaying at her every step.

she clutched the strap of her white and blue rakuzan sports duffle bag lightly, finally spotting the place she intended to go.

she looked around the premise, gaining more stares from onlookers.

kami-sama, have they never seen a six foot five girl before?

she made her way over to the registration booth and peered down at the people behind the table. her contrasting white and black heterochromatic eyes stoically looked at the guy with the registration forms.

"sign me up." she muttered.

the guy behind the booth blinked in disbelief. not just because of her height— no. but because of who she is.

everyone who watched women's basketball leagues would know who she is. the center of teiko in her first to third year in middle school, and now the center of rakuzan, the school deemed as the monarchs of basketball.

"a-ah. name please." the guy behind the counter finally found his voice after a few seconds of gawking.

"nozomi hakai." she drawled out.

"do you have a team with you?" he asked.

she blinked down at him, "does it look like i have one?"

the guy shook his head, sweating profusely. "a-ah! no. of c-course not!"

"would you like to join a team with a missing member?" he asked.

"all teams with missing members." she gave him a side glance and nodded once she received the bracelet that would serve as her one-way ticket as entrance to the street basketball event.

"oh my god, it's hakai!" some men started to whisper around, gossiping about how a woman was on their field and how she happened to be one of the strongest female player in the league.

"is she allowed here?" some boys gossiped.

lucky for them, hakai was six feet and five inches high up from the ground that she can't hear their babbling. otherwise, they would be six feet and five inches under by now.

she went over to the grassy part of the park, she laid down her bag and sat on the grass, crisscross applesauce.

she pulled out her phone and scrolled aimlessly, before seeing some messages from toshila and her other teammates, asking why she wasn't at practice.