ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

❀❀❀❀❀
Byakuya pushed up his glasses, waiting for the carriage to arrive at his castle. That day, he had met yet another princess. His parents would probably bombard him with questions, enthusiastic to find out if he had finally found a bride. But he would have to disappoint them. Again.

'It's not my fault that all of them are people who only care about their looks. I certainly don't want to loose the throne to my siblings, but I don't want to get bound with someone as incompetent as them.' With a sigh, he leaned back, shaking his head.

"We're here, your highness." A butler said and quickly opened the door of the carriage, letting the blonde exit. "Make sure to properly brush the horses this time, or you're fired, if you know what I mean." The prince turned his back to the now anxious servant and began to walk off.

'Since the ball was announced, all the servants have been slacking off or started to not do their work properly. Maybe it's time to refresh our personnel.' When these thoughts crossed his mind, a picture of his servant appeared besides them for a split second, causing him to almost trip.

'What was that?!' He coughed, looking around to make sure no one saw him. Fortunately, no one was around. Most people were probably busy by preparing the ball, planning the food and everything else for the next weekend. 'All this just to find a heir. My parents sure are extra.'

A comfortable feeling overcame him when he stepped into the warm castle, taking a deep breath. 'The people inside of here may be something else, but it's still home. Not a bad way of living, is it?' A few servants waved and greeted him, even trying to begin a conversation.

"Instead of trying to start a little chit chat with me, why don't you get back to work? Oh, and to answer your questions: No, I wouldn't like some tea right now. Yes, I already have something planned for this evening. No, I will not attend the family dinner."

His cold glare made some of them shiver. Byakuya pushed past them, eager to finally enter his room. He was positively surprised when he saw how clean and tidy everything was. 'I suppose (y/n) cleaned while I was gone. Some servants are still as good as always.'

"Ah, your highness, you're back!" 'Speaking of which...' He turned around, coming face to face with his personal servant. "Your parents requested to see you. They told me that it was really urgent!" Her usually calm voice was slightly louder, a bit of anxiety laying in it. "Is it because of the family dinner?"

The (h/c) haired girl made sure that no other servants were around. Servants that could tell their heirs about what she would tell him. She leaned up, whispering to him. He even leaned down a bit for her. "The king and queen are getting impatient for you to find a bride..."

The blonde's eyes widened. His parents knew that he hadn't found a bride yet, yes. But he didn't expect them to get impatiently this quickly. "Did they tell you anything else?" He asked, a bit of hope in his voice. Unfortunately, she had to shake her head.

"No, they only told me that you need to meet them as soon as you've returned." Byakuya turned around and was about to storm off. But then, he quickly turned towards her again, gave her shoulder a thankful and gentle squeeze before rushing out of his room.
❀❀❀❀❀